Model Cars Magazine Forum
Synister

Paint Booths & Safe Ventilation?

Casey, my statements were solely referring to hobby equipment booths only. Like the one shown in my post above as of November 22. Because that is what I‘m using, with all the pros and cons it has. 

If anyone is interested, I wrote an article on paint safety in my column. If you don't get it, PM me with your email and I will forward you a copy.

I have the same booth and I think it works great. I have the hose straight out the window with no bends. Thinking of getting a piece of 4 inch plastic drain pipe to replace the hose for better air flow. I don't smell anything all the while I'm spraying. And I let it run a while when I'm done. Afterward it's been off a while  I start to smell the paint and figure it's what's on the models I've just painted. But I haven't noticed any overspray anywhere. Not even on the table it sits on during spraying. You can take the filters and soak them in Purple Power. I spray the filter with Purple Power until wet and then place them in a gallon zip lock bag, They clean up rather nicely.