Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Coupe Build

Synister

Well this is my first build in a little over 16 years and believe me when I say I am rusty as hell. These pictures are the ones that I have taken over the past couple of days of working on the kit. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions feel free to share them. These pictures were taken with my cell phone because my camera is MIA at the moment.

This the frame of the car plus the front steering:

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

A little detail I have been working on for the brake rotors:

brakes.jpg

This is the main body, I'm working on "shaving" the door lines. I am using Squadron Products White Putty and it sucks, I am looking for something else to use but here are the pictures of it up to this point:

body.jpg

That is it for now, I am working on this project almost every day so I should have new pictures up quite frequently, as I said let me know what you think or if you think I could do something a different way don't be afraid to share your idea with me. Thanks.

if you want to get rid of the door lines, just use some regular old bondo :(

i use the glazing putty stuff that comes in a tube, its a one part filler thats really easy to sand, and it smells alot better than that two part stuff.

heres some work ive done with it.

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

that body started out as this littlel ol thing.

038.jpg

a 27' ford sedan delivery :P

so far iv'e got about 20 hours in this thing. that includes doing the initial chop to the top that started all the modification, then the top wasnt low enough for me so i choped it agian(all together i chopped it about six to eight scale inches, then i fabbed up some side panels for it becasue it didnt look right that low with that big of a window opening, then i decided i wanted to do a channling job to it to make it look even lower, well that worked untill i tryed to put the top half back on and it fell apart in my hands, so then it became a roadster ;)

One tip i cant stress enough about filler is dont use to much! apply small amounts at a time. this stuff eats plastic like a kid with a glandular problem eats cake!

If you wanna know anything else p.m. me ;)

Jeff.

Well this is my first build in a little over 16 years and believe me when I say I am rusty as hell. These pictures are the ones that I have taken over the past couple of days of working on the kit. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions feel free to share them. These pictures were taken with my cell phone because my camera is MIA at the moment.

That is it for now, I am working on this project almost every day so I should have new pictures up quite frequently, as I said let me know what you think or if you think I could do something a different way don't be afraid to share your idea with me. Thanks.

also is this gonna be a real coupe or a roadster wiht a pop top? either way this looks like its gonna be pretty sweet :(

Looks like ya got rite back at it pretty smooth.I use Bondo brand glaze and spot putty in a tube from The Great Wall of Mart.It drys quick and easy to sand.Had it for a couple of years and its still half full, or is it half empty?Half empty,it was full when I got it.LOL

also is this gonna be a real coupe or a roadster wiht a pop top? either way this looks like its gonna be pretty sweet :)

Thank you for all the kind words and advice guys, keep it coming. As for the answer to the question above, I am thinking about scrapping the top and building it into a roadster. The only think I would have to do is cut the rear fenders flares out of the bottom half of the body and mold them into the chassis.

Well got a little bit of work done to it today and decided to snap some pictures. I actually went out today and picked up a tube of glazing putty and I will say that I am very happy with the results.

I got the wheels and rotors glued up and ready to be mounted:

wheels.jpg

Here is my little jig to keep the rear suspension straight while it drys:

suspension.jpg

Got the body primed and then put some glazing putty on it where it needed it, got one side sanded and still have the other one to go as you can see:

body2.jpg

Here is the sanded side and on the other side is the top where i spread some putty to cover some casting dimples:

body1.jpg

Thats all for now, gonna let it all dry over night and then work on it pretty much all day tomorrow so look forward to some more pictures coming soon.