Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1955 Chevy Cameo Pickup

wgflatliner

Alright, so my truck came in the mail today.

DSC01938.jpg

so i took it apart to make sure everything was there..

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

so far so good

Then came along one of the reasons i hated this model to begin with, BUT i have the tools and talent to figure these thing out now..

fitment issues.

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

front edge of hood to fender differences:

DSC01944.jpg

and from the top

DSC01946.jpg

so i have to figure out how to get it to sit flush, and straight. :rolleyes:

i'll get it though

plans (ok i'll spill the beans):

Paint: Tamiya Brilliant Orange TS-56, Silver Leaf TS-30 two tone, separated with a black or white pinstripe (paint pen!)

DSC01947.jpg

Powerplant: Nissan RB20DET twin turbo (i'd say a safe tune at 500hp) and yes, i need to re-paint some of it.

DSC01949.jpg

Drivetrain: Factory Gertrag 6-speed transmission, All wheel drive.

DSC01950.jpg

Wheels: dunno yet. open for suggestion though! the truck will be lowered to have a nice stance.

Customizations: Aluminum pipes for intercooler piping, styrene intercooler, aluminum piped exhaust, tanneau cover hinged, center of truck bed exposed to show off rear diff area, bed floor sanded smooth and painted body color, plus who knows whatever else i'll come up with.

i'll work on this until my etch kit shows up for the skyline.

so youre putting that modern twin turbo japanese motor into the classic chevy truck?

interesting concept. i wonder how it would work out in real life. even if it has 500 hp, that might be at like 7500 rpm with much reduced power in the lower ranges and the torque might not be there to get the thing rolling in real life on the street.

thats the beauty of models though, they just have to look cool. and this one will.

so youre putting that modern twin turbo japanese motor into the classic chevy truck?

interesting concept. i wonder how it would work out in real life. even if it has 500 hp, that might be at like 7500 rpm with much reduced power in the lower ranges and the torque might not be there to get the thing rolling in real life on the street.

thats the beauty of models though, they just have to look cool. and this one will.

you're right, however, check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeawOwie5Q8

yes, there's turbo lag, but with THIS truck, it's going to have all wheel drive, and would be able to launch at higher RPMs so there's no lag. :lol: even then there'd be plenty of torque to get the truck moving. i can't wait to get this one done though.

also!!! the stock V8 had only 145hp and 240ish torque ratings from the factory. :)

Edited by wgflatliner

I love this one.....are you gonna fix the window/vent height? How are you gonna set up the suspension for AWD???

The hood fix is easy.....

so what did you do for the hood fix?

and what do you mean by fixing the window/vent height? could you be more specific?

as far as the Awd, i'm sure i'll figure something out on that when the time comes.

not to respond like an "azz," but i posted it up under the workbench area because this is on my workbench. if you want, i can post up simple pics in your thread.

Hey that was just the intent you don't have to be like that infact you don't have to be a part of it either, your the one who wanted to Join, I tryed being nice about it. :unsure:

Hey that was just the intent you don't have to be like that infact you don't have to be a part of it either, your the one who wanted to Join, I tryed being nice about it. <_<

i know this is gonna sound hilarious coming from me

but it seems to me that we should just do whatever the rules of the build are

the question was posed on page 3 of the truck build threat (by yours truly) and the awnser was that we were going to keep everything in one place

(it keeps the forums that much more clear and keeps the build thread up high on the list as we all post our progress)

so it is my point of view that by entering a comunity build we should follow the rules set by the person who oversees the build (in this case the initiator of the build, dukefan)

of course, i myself em excempt from following SOME of the rules because i obtained written permission to do so :lol:

Hey that was just the intent you don't have to be like that infact you don't have to be a part of it either, your the one who wanted to Join, I tryed being nice about it. <_<

honestly why does it matter. He can do what he wants. IF he feels he would rather post it on here maybe to get more input than so be it. Your makeing a big deal out of a little thing :lol:

Your truck is an interesting concept for sure. Never would have considered putting that kind of motor into a old chevy truck. Keep it up i wanna see the outcome of it.

Edited by sdrodder

honestly why does it matter. He can do what he wants. IF he feels he would rather post it on here maybe to get more input than so be it. Your makeing a big deal out of a little thing <_<

Your truck is an interesting concept for sure. Never would have considered putting that kind of motor into a old chevy truck. Keep it up i wanna see the outcome of it.

I'm not making a big deal out of this it's just that If he wants to build along with the rest of us whats the point of posting it twice when he could do it once. Besides who makes you the boss of the earth, he can do what he wants, so can I so can anyone else.

Besides for this build I'm the one running the show, so he's the one who wanted to join the build that I'm running, so If he dosen't want to follow my rules, he dosen't have to, and he also dosen't have to join Said build.

I'm not making a big deal out of this it's just that If he wants to build along with the rest of us whats the point of posting it twice when he could do it once. Besides who makes you the boss of the earth, he can do what he wants, so can I so can anyone else.

Besides for this build I'm the one running the show, so he's the one who wanted to join the build that I'm running, so If he dosen't want to follow my rules, he dosen't have to, and he also dosen't have to join Said build.

you make me laugh really hard getting offended at everyones opinions. Calm down and go build something.

you make me laugh really hard getting offended at everyones opinions. Calm down and go build something.

I'm not offended just laying it out on the table the way "I" see it :lol: . actually I've got My Bandit Trans Am In my hands now, boy laptops are great, you can take them into the shop. :lol:

Maybe you should "Calm down and go build something" <_<

I'm not offended just laying it out on the table the way "I" see it :lol: . actually I've got My Bandit Trans Am In my hands now, boy laptops are great, you can take them into the shop. :lol:

Maybe you should "Calm down and go build something" <_<

i have been building the whole day and got alot done thanks. But yeah u seem to get easily offended at what people say like on the kit of the decade thread.

i have been building the whole day and got alot done thanks. But yeah u seem to get easily offended at what people say like on the kit of the decade thread.

Well unlike some people I got no time it semms and what time I do have tends to get interuped or taken away, Between work, school, family, sleep, meals, ETC. I find myself with extremely limited time to build anything, but I sometimes can take time away from something else and get some building done. <_<

and my point of view of this is that in my first post it Says "PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY" and 1 of the rules is

"6. Please post progress here (keeps clutter off the Forum)"

Then Diymirage asked "dukefan,

do you want me to open a seperate WIP thread once i get this going or do you want me to keep progress updates here ?

(personally i always like keeping everything in one place but this is your baby, not mine) "

and I answered

"We'll run it here keep it all together"

Well unlike some people I got no time it semms and what time I do have tends to get interuped or taken away, Between work, school, family, sleep, meals, ETC. I find myself with extremely limited time to build anything, but I sometimes can take time away from something else and get some building done. <_<

and my point of view of this is that in my first post it Says "PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY" and 1 of the rules is

"6. Please post progress here (keeps clutter off the Forum)"

Then Diymirage asked "dukefan,

do you want me to open a seperate WIP thread once i get this going or do you want me to keep progress updates here ?

(personally i always like keeping everything in one place but this is your baby, not mine) "

and I answered

"We'll run it here keep it all together"

maybe the builder of this car missed that. I will stop posting now as this is surely getting no where. To me its still a bg deal out of a little thing but...

so now i'm stuck in a predicament.

i see your points, now that you have actually stated why you're confronting me. Thanks for at least now telling me what the issue was instead of earlier like you could have.

Yes, i accidentally missed that part of your rules, so i apologize for that.

Now - is it wrong for me to seek advice specific to this model on more than one venue? if not, where would you recommend i seek advice? what if some people don't check certain parts of the forums and never see my question?

so, my predicament:

now that this thread exists, and it's obviously too late to delete the thread completely (not to mention there's things on the thread that i personally need for this build that i don't want to see deleted)...

or withdrawl myself from the street truck build-off.

either way doesn't matter to me. the truck is getting done one way or another. either option won't hurt my feelings.

so now i'm stuck in a predicament.

i see your points, now that you have actually stated why you're confronting me. Thanks for at least now telling me what the issue was instead of earlier like you could have.

Yes, i accidentally missed that part of your rules, so i apologize for that.

Now - is it wrong for me to seek advice specific to this model on more than one venue? if not, where would you recommend i seek advice? what if some people don't check certain parts of the forums and never see my question?

so, my predicament:

now that this thread exists, and it's obviously too late to delete the thread completely (not to mention there's things on the thread that i personally need for this build that i don't want to see deleted)...

or withdrawl myself from the street truck build-off.

either way doesn't matter to me. the truck is getting done one way or another. either option won't hurt my feelings.

Well It came out the wrong way the first time, so I'm sorry for that. Not neccesarily, now some of the idea of the Build thread is so that were all building on the same subject say someone needs a idea or has a problem, well thats what were here for. what you could do is either post a link from here to the build thread or from the build thread to here.