Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie and TV vehicle community build

Nick Winter

Well by golly I finally got a little work done on my project! <_<

Basically I built up part of the chassis and engine.

Image028.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image029.jpg

Looks good, I got a question though if you don't mind me asking, is this kit well put togther, do parts alighn easily, also does it come with the steel doors? I was gonna buy 2 of these kits but deceided to wait and put them on hold instead.

Looks good, I got a question though if you don't mind me asking, is this kit well put togther, do parts alighn easily, also does it come with the steel doors? I was gonna buy 2 of these kits but deceided to wait and put them on hold instead.

The chassis and engine went together really well, and it looks like the rest of the kit should too. And yeah, it comes with the full steel doors.

Finally getting around to showing you all my progress and a little history of the Eliminator car of the band ZZ Top. This is and excerpt from the Original ZZ Top store:

The red 1933 3-window hot rod coupe dubbed “The Eliminator†is closely associated with the 1983 ZZ Top album of the same name, and a dramatic painting of the car is the album cover art. It was featured in a video trilogy from ELIMINATOR, consisting of “Sharp Dressed Man,†“Gimme All Your Lovin’,†and “Legs.†The car itself has since been viewed by hundreds of thousands of car and rock fans since its initial customization by Don Thelen. It also became a best-selling model kit. The 1933 Ford is a true American classic, based on the celebrated and highly collectible 1932 Ford Model B “Deuce†which introduced the Flathead V8 engine to the world The 1933 model year revision included a stretched wheelbase and a new grille with its characteristic pointed-forward slope-at-bottom which resembled the much more pricey Packard. Total sales for this model year rose to 300,000, outstanding for the depression era. The 1932, 1933, and 1934 Fords are among the most desired model years and makes by hot rodders.

Album cover:

eliminator.jpg

eliminator-1.gif

Eliminator-2.jpg

Now that you have seen the end result (hopefully) let's look at what I've done so far:

Here is the engine under assembly

000_0121.jpg

They must use the chassis from the stock '33 Ford for this kit because the pea shooter muffler and old style battery tray were molded in. No problem, just get out the dremel and start surgery!

000_0122.jpg

After two days, this is what I have completed

000_0124.jpg

000_0126.jpg

Here is a quick mock up

000_0128.jpg

More updates to come!

this is my updated A-TEAM VAN. i built this for the online contest on minitruckinweb.com, i used a 4 door tahoe shaved the 2nd door and shaved the big side glass, painted charcole mt. and gloss black, with the famous red stripe.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

front-1.jpg

the new movie is in the works, and i wanted to get a jump onit.

this is my updated A-TEAM VAN. i built this for the online contest on minitruckinweb.com, i used a 4 door tahoe shaved the 2nd door and shaved the big side glass, painted charcole mt. and gloss black, with the famous red stripe.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

front-1.jpg

the new movie is in the works, and i wanted to get a jump onit.

wow, awesome!A+ for you,great idea

got a little work down on the truck i got a little paint work done on the motor also hey nick i was watching some good ol dukes last night i found 2 more car to build it would be a simple build pm me if interested they are interesting http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/s...oe/P1050036.jpg

tunnermodels026.jpgjust like a few more things and im done

voljeepx- Thanks, She made me move the Bandit's T/A down and put Her second from the first posistion. and the "Eliminator" is looking good so far.

chevyguy97- that's kinda cool, not my style but still pretty cool, only wish the paint was better on my A team van, I might strip it and re do it.

ol55- Looks pretty good, how far from being done do you figure you are? we might make a UnderGlass post for our build.

Railfreak78- build another one, I built one, but you haven't to my knoledge so build one, every Christine is diffrent.

Well here's my project, It's The Cannonball Run ambulance, do like the real ambulance. The real thing ran a 440 but the only 440 I had was a 6-Pack, so I remembered I had a 383 from a Dart, so in the project she goes.

here's were my engine was robbed from

317052093-vi.jpg

I got this 37 year old van from Kevin Simmons, he said Nick you can just have it, it was his dad's originally, then his, when I stripped it I found 6 really nasty colors, metallic pea green, meattallic vomit blue, metallic dark purple, metallic babby S*** yeallow, and metallic gold, not to mention a top coat of black. After I stripped it, it came back almost like new, except the rear for some reason, anyway, whoever did the last paintjob forgot to take out the glass and just painted over it. Here it is you can see what needs fixed, these pics are from like 4 days ago so I've done quite a bit to it since then. To make it the proper Sportsman I've had to chop some pillars out and fill 2 door lines and scribe a new one.

showpicture_team.jpg

Christine001.jpg

Christine002.jpg

Christine003.jpg

Christine004.jpg

Christine005.jpg

Christine007.jpg

Christine008.jpg

cannonball-run-feature-200507281156.jpg

ok now my info, cast:

Burt Reynolds ... J.J. McClure

Roger Moore ... Seymour Goldfarb, Jr.

Farrah Fawcett ... Pamela Glover

Dom DeLuise ... Victor Prinzim / Captain Chaos

Dean Martin ... Jamie Blake

Sammy Davis Jr. ... Morris Fenderbaum

Jack Elam ... Doctor Nikolas Van Helsing

Adrienne Barbeau ... Marcie Thatcher, Lamborghini Babe #1

Terry Bradshaw ... Terry

Jackie Chan ... Jackie Chan, Subaru Driver

Bert Convy ... Bradford Compton

Jamie Farr ... The Sheik

Peter Fonda ... Chief Biker

George Furth ... Arthur J. Foyt

Mel Tillis ... Mel

The ambulance used in the movie is the actual ambulance that Hal Needham and Brock Yates souped up and raced in the real Cannonball Run. It had been modified with a 440 Wedge engine that made it go up to 145 mph and was equipped with four gas filler holes so that the required 90 gallons could be pumped quickly. Needham and Yates didn't actually win the race (the transmission blew in Palm Springs) so Needham kept it in storage for several years until the time came to make this film. After the movie, he gave it to a church charity which raised a good deal of money auctioning it off.

J.J. McClure: Look, we can't have a car with numbers on it. So, we're going to have to disguise the car somehow.

Victor Prinsi: Alright.

J.J. McClure: How about a big, black limousine with diplomatic plates?

Victor Prinsi: Nah!

J.J. McClure: Nah. I know, a bloodmobile. They wouldn't stop a bloodmobile, would they?

Victor Prinsi: Nah!

J.J. McClure: Nah.

Victor Prinsi: An ice cream truck! Yeah, an ice cream truck! Y'know, they gotta get there before it melts!

Mr. Foyt: Well, how do you all feel now you have raped the American highways?

J.J. McClure: Beautiful!

Fenderbaum: Isn't that J.J. McClure?

Jamie Blake: He's nothing. Don't worry about him. It's the Blimp next to him! The Blimp! When he puts on that mask, he'll blow your goddamn doors off!

J.J. McClure: Thanks to you, Victor, we do not have a female patient in the back. Thanks to your wonderful cousin Tessie.

Victor Prinsi: Well, it's not my fault that she didn't fit in the stretcher!

J.J. McClure: She doesn't fit in the AMBULANCE!

Gas Station Attendant: 7-11, how can I help you?

J.J. McClure: Pumps one and two, hit 'em!

Gas Station Attendant: What are you, some kind of nut? You've got one unleaded there and one premium!

J.J. McClure: She goes both ways. The round orange moon pie with the white hat on, he'll pay for it.

Fenderbaum: [Fenderbaum and Blake's Ferrari drives alongside J.J.'s ambulance] Pull over! We want to give you our blessing!

Victor Prinsi: J.J., there are two priests in that car. They want us to pull over.

J.J. McClure: Victor, that's two priests driving a Ferrari. When's the last time you saw two priests drive a Ferrari? What are they doing, taking home the bingo money?

Victor Prinsi: No, they're doing the work of the Lord. In a Ferrari, they can just do it faster.

Victor Prinsi: Thank you, Father.

Fenderbaum: Why don't you take that piece of s*** back to the junkyard?

[laughs and drives away]

Well I opened the rear doors, made a bed found 3 matching seats, and made a oxegen tank.

ambulance001.jpg

ambulance002.jpg

ambulance003.jpg

ambulance004.jpg

ambulance006.jpg

ambulance007.jpg

can older builds enter this little community build? I took these photos for a model i built for a Buffalo model show (did not even place, but i had a good time). The police car from the Robocop film series, done MY way :lol:.

RoboTaurus01.jpg

mock up of the kit body and interior shell, the light bar is from the Impala Cop car snap kit.

RoboTaurus02.jpg

front view

RoboTaurus03.jpg

roof view

RoboTaurusfront.jpg

painted and assembled, minus decals front view

RoboTaurusRear.jpg

painted and assembled, minus decals rear view

RoboTaurusfinishedtopview.jpg

done, and on display at the Buffalo show overhead view

RoboTaurusfinishedsideview.jpg

side view

the kit was 100% box stock only i used the Impala bar, but i painted the chrome parts black and added clear yellow to the clear white lenses. the whole model start to finish was done in 24 hrs, good thing the real cars were painted flat black :lol:.

can older builds enter this little community build? I took these photos for a model i built for a Buffalo model show (did not even place, but i had a good time). The police car from the Robocop film series, done MY way :lol:.

mock up of the kit body and interior shell, the light bar is from the Impala Cop car snap kit.

front view

roof view

painted and assembled, minus decals front view

painted and assembled, minus decals rear view

done, and on display at the Buffalo show overhead view

side view

the kit was 100% box stock only i used the Impala bar, but i painted the chrome parts black and added clear yellow to the clear white lenses. the whole model start to finish was done in 24 hrs, good thing the real cars were painted flat black :lol:.

looks pretty good Dave

thanks Nick, FYI the AMT Taurus SHO kit (which was the basis of this build) is a pain in the ass kit to build at times. the whole drive-train kept falling out from the bottom of the car, i had to epoxy glue the 'chassis' to the bottom of the interior tub. If i would have known how difficult it was i would have used a SHO promo but i would have to give up the flat disc style hubcaps that were on my model.

thanks Nick, FYI the AMT Taurus SHO kit (which was the basis of this build) is a pain in the ass kit to build at times. the whole drive-train kept falling out from the bottom of the car, i had to epoxy glue the 'chassis' to the bottom of the interior tub. If i would have known how difficult it was i would have used a SHO promo but i would have to give up the flat disc style hubcaps that were on my model.

I had the same problem when I built my SHO.

Here's a little update on the Eliminator!

Body got painted and polished and I am in the middle of final assembly

000_0129.jpg

Interior was painted Humbrol leather and the fabric was done with craft ribbon. I just cut it to size and attached it with white glue. I then went over the fabric with clear red to give it a little more color

000_0130.jpg

Here is the body and chassis put together and snugged down so the stance was right. If you don't adjust the ride height it will look like a 4X4!

000_0134.jpg

This final picture is the top installed and she's just about ready to be decaled

000_0135.jpg

Now I just have to wait for a nice day and I will put 'er in the completed section! Thanks for hosting this build Nick, I had a lot of fun building this car with y'all! :)

I'm not sure if this was clear or not but I figured that everyone would just kinda know it, anyway I've added a new rule

4.) Please post progress here (keeps clutter off the Forum) & when finished post finished build pics here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...c=25735&hl=

Please follow the rules I've gone to all the trouble of running this and while I was building something, so Please, Please Follow all 4 of my Rules. I'm going to re-post them for everyone.

Rules

1). You must have atleast 1 refrence picture from the Movie/ TV show

2). you gotta post your build pics here

3). I'd like it if you wrote a little info about it or it's Role in the Movie/ TV Show/ Who in the Movie or TV show drove it

4). Please post progress here (keeps clutter off the Forum) & when finished post finished build pics here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...c=25735&hl=