Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie and TV vehicle community build

Nick Winter

it seems it's just me and YJIslander building, I'd love to have some more join-ies, any way here's my update, the body is almost done. I got a set of wheels and tires from my cousin, I was over there helping him work on his '77 ford f-250 long bed, and he asked me what I was building and I told him I was building the Cannonball Run Ambulance, and he said do you have a set of wheels for it, and I said no not yet, he said that thing had mopar steelies right and I said yeah it did, so he said after we finish up the truck we'll head to my shope, he pulled oput of his wheels and tires box a set of steelies from the Revell '68 Charger, he said here take these and this said of tires, so I painted and detailed them and popped them into the tires. Anyway I pealed off the tape and found some bleeding and a run that needs fixed, but I touched all the white up and started working on the run.

the body after I pealed the tape

ambulance0030.jpg

ambulance0031.jpg

the grille

ambulance0032.jpg

the light bars

ambulance0033.jpg

the wheels/ tires

ambulance0034.jpg

ambulance0035.jpg

the body after touch up

ambulance0036.jpg

ambulance0037.jpg

ambulance0038.jpg

ambulance0039.jpg

Calling the 240-R Bronco done (except the front license plate is missing-noticed after the pics).

DSCN3037.jpg

DSCN3038.jpg

DSCN3039.jpg

240cast16.jpg

240cast17.jpg

Enjoy!

Where did you find that kit at? I'd love to get my hands on one too. I'm currently making one from a stock 4x4 and parts that I can find or make.

It was from eBay. I had watched several of them go for upwards of $50. I won it for around $12.

It sat in limbo for almost a year and a half after the initial paint job. There's a cool website @ 240-Robert.com that has some cool pics and great reference info.

If you build one, be aware that the tires are front and rear specific and the lightbar is horrific. Other than that, it's a pretty straight forward build.

Thanks for the compliment!

• 3 weeks later...

What I'm building and where I'm at...

93456ff8.jpg

The body:

d3aac375.jpg

The interior with scratched equipment (the scuba tanks are aluminum tube with Model T headlight buckets):

fd9431b4.jpg

The AeroDynic lightbar swiped from another kit with alley lights added on:

3d1236fd.jpg

Basic chassis with white rims instead of chrome (matches TV truck):

0fa13987.jpg

Quick video from the show:

<a href="

target="_blank">240-Robert opening</a>

Why would you use the wrong year Bronco? When there is a model of a 78,79 one out there.

I'd say Hunter...

As far as using the "wrong year" Bronco on my build, you may have heard the old saying "Run what you brung?" The body was molded with the fender mud guards in place and the dual tire carrier. And it's just a hair bigger than 24th scale, IMHO.

Nick, looks good. The graphics laid down really well. You might want to paint the inside of the body to match the interior on your next build. I think your skills are really coming along, dude!

Edited by Murphy's Law