Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet another police car

Agent G

This is my first post so here goes.

Revell's 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility, wired, plumbed, and with a back seat from the Modelhaus.

This kit fought me every step of the way to now, and thankgoodness I'm almost finished. As soon as the Alclad cures on the siren, I'm calling it done.

The engine:

DSCF1934.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

The interior:

DSCF1958.jpg

DSCF1957.jpg

The body:

DSCF1975.jpg

DSCF1976.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

Engine bay:

DSCF1969.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, finally got a minute so here's the finished car. The siren/light combo was standard for the SLMPD for a long time, well into the 60's. Same same with the door markings. As far as the steering wheel, I used what was in the kit. :wub:

This kit has some of the best and some of the worst all in one box. I loved the engine, and the interior just fell together. The suspension left a lot to be desired, and all the little add on details just seemed to be designed wrong. The steering box didn't work where it was supposed to be on the frame, it interfered with the exhaust manifold. The window glass was really nice but mounted kinda funky, like the quarter windows didn't seem to fit the openings.

All in all I think it came out ok. It is an accurate representation of the real thing from 1957.

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

Ok, finally got a minute so here's the finished car. The siren/light combo was standard for the SLMPD for a long time, well into the 60's. Same same with the door markings. As far as the steering wheel, I used what was in the kit. :lol:

This kit has some of the best and some of the worst all in one box. I loved the engine, and the interior just fell together. The suspension left a lot to be desired, and all the little add on details just seemed to be designed wrong. The steering box didn't work where it was supposed to be on the frame, it interfered with the exhaust manifold. The window glass was really nice but mounted kinda funky, like the quarter windows didn't seem to fit the openings.

All in all I think it came out ok. It is an accurate representation of the real thing from 1957.

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

that's sweet, were or how did you make the radio?

Long ago I made a mold of the police equipment found in the '70 Ford police car kit. I resin cast copies as they were really accurate depicting the Motorola radio from back then. I used a piece of aluminum from a soda can for the mount. Careful painting based on my memory (faulty at best) completed the deal.

I carved the mic from sprue and added some rod for the grill and a piece of scrap for the button. I use plain old craft wire coiled around a drill bit for the cord.

Long ago I made a mold of the police equipment found in the '70 Ford police car kit. I resin cast copies as they were really accurate depicting the Motorola radio from back then. I used a piece of aluminum from a soda can for the mount. Careful painting based on my memory (faulty at best) completed the deal.

I carved the mic from sprue and added some rod for the grill and a piece of scrap for the button. I use plain old craft wire coiled around a drill bit for the cord.

oh ok i have one of those ford kits around here somewhere