Model Cars Magazine Forum

359 peterbilt

Here is my first attempt at something a bit more ambitious than something straight OOB, its first build was out of the box,as it is the revell fire truck kit. The truck was trashed during the process of moving house and was beyond restoring,so i decided to have a go at a bit of custom and scratchbuilding work.One of the main mods is the chopped roof and the doors converted to suicide,was very fiddly trying to get the door frames looking right,I also added some cab extensions below the doors. With the bonnet i wanted something a little different so i butterflied the top,so now it opens upward and tilts forward.I made new wheel openings so the front wheels fit real snug.This was also my first attempt at lowering a truck,took a whole lot of time but in the end it sat down nice and low and the front bumper i made helps it look real close to the ground.The rear guards are also scratchbuilt and roll right around the tyres.All up there was around 120 hours in this ones build time.Hope you like it.