Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a caster

I am looking for a person who can cast me some resin tires that are soft. made out of something like Urethane. I can send you the tire itself, and can pay(not much at first) or trade. I got a couple things left but not much. I am looking to get a couple sets made, and want to mess around with them. If anyone can do something like that, please let me know. We can haggle over the details via PM.

I am looking for a person who can cast me some resin tires that are soft. made out of something like Urethane. I can send you the tire itself, and can pay(not much at first) or trade. I got a couple things left but not much. I am looking to get a couple sets made, and want to mess around with them. If anyone can do something like that, please let me know. We can haggle over the details via PM.

Hi Mike:

Check out this site: Visit My Website

I'm sure I can help you out. :)

Alan, you rascal you, ya beat me to YOU! :lol: I was gonna recommend ya to him! You DON'T need to worry Mike, Alan's one of the BEST out there! If ANYBODY can do ya right, Alan CAN!!! Go for it Dude!, You WON'T be sorry! :blink:;)

Thanks George. :D I've been casting a lot of rubber lately & doing some of that "let's try it & see if I can do it stuff". Yesterday I managed to cast the Firestone hollow tires from the old MPC 1/20th STP turbine kit.

Original is on the left.

stptire2-vi.jpg

Also started on this kit:

65merc1-vi.jpg

Anyone crazy 'bout a Mercury?? :)

Thanks cuz!

I was going to mention Alan also

I just got some more of his samples, and oh my gosh!

This guy is good.

I would love to get a great web site for Alan up and running.

The quality is top of the line

And I see them all!

WOW...the Big Kahuna...... ;)

Thanks for the plug Gregg! I promise I'll get a website soon!! I'm not a computer expert but I try.

An early Mele Kalikimaka & keep checking the mailbox!

• 3 weeks later...
Pictures at Ma's Resin aren't the greatest. The pics Jeff S posted look terrific. Where are those wheels from.

I think on the Fotki site if you click on the thumbnail, it'll give you the better original image that Alan uploaded to them?

The wheels are L to R...Monogram 1/24 Chevy stepside ralley, Revell 1/24 CJ-7, holes modded by drilling, and stock CJ-7 rim.

Here's how they look on an old J10 glue bomb:

IMG_51202.jpg

And on a CJ:

IMG_59212.jpg

These BFG mud-terrains measure out to 35", available in nice soft rubber or black resin!

I think on the Fotki site if you click on the thumbnail, it'll give you the better original image that Alan uploaded to them?

These BFG mud-terrains measure out to 35", available in nice soft rubber or black resin!

Thanks for posting the pics Jeff & the kind words. The same to you Mike.

The Fotki thumbs aren't that great but if you click on them the big pic is better. I'm not the greatest photographer either. B)

I'm also working on some 4x4 conversion kits for a number of vehicles & the original hollow slicks from the 1/16 Aurora funnycars. I'll post some pics when done.

The rear M&H slicks, I presume? You have my attention. B)

Any plans to do the front tires, too?

The slicks I have are Goodyear & Firestone 500 slicks. They are a thin, floppy rubber. One of my club members gave them to me & I thought he said they were Aurora but I really don't remember 100%. He didn't give me any of the front tires but if somebody sent one I'm sure I could make them..... Hint, hint..... ;)

The slicks I have are Goodyear & Firestone 500 slicks. They are a thin, floppy rubber. One of my club members gave them to me & I thought he said they were Aurora but I really don't remember 100%. He didn't give me any of the front tires but if somebody sent one I'm sure I could make them..... Hint, hint..... :P

Those are Revell tires, just FYI.

I'll have to locate my Aurora tires in the meantime, as they're in storage...

Those are Revell tires, just FYI.

I'll have to locate my Aurora tires in the meantime, as they're in storage...

Thanks for the info Casey. I never bought any of the big scale funny cars so I don't know what came in where. :D When I post the pics I'll remember to put Revell instead of Aurora.

Thanks for the info Casey. I never bought any of the big scale funny cars so I don't know what came in where. :rolleyes: When I post the pics I'll remember to put Revell instead of Aurora.

No biggie, just wanted to make sure you knew what you had, since the Revell and Aurora rear wheels do not interchange on each other's slicks.