Model Cars Magazine Forum

'58 Chevy Impala

moonlite5hadow

ok, so after picking up the pieces of my life and getting back into the hobby, i figured i'd start fresh with a new build and not go back to my older ones. here is revellograms 1958 Chevy Impala. the wheel choice is already changed from the pics. decided not to do 13, 14, or 15inch wire spoke rims on a lowrider... seems too over played. instead going for a boyd coddington or chip foose type of style of big rims slammed to the deck. i believe these rims are appx 20" on 1/24 scale, but the model is 1/25... im horrible at math so i wont try and figure it out.

only "modification" i made other than the obvious suspension work is 4-wheel disk brake upgrade using calipers and rotors from an aoshima Nissan GT-R R35.

the floorpan/underbody has already been fixed/realigned since the pics were taken.

current plans are to do it in a gloss black exterior, undesided interior, with all the normal chrome trim pieces. yes, also using the spare wheel out back. any suggestions on anything i can do to the motor? i have only built one car model in the past 3-4 years that had a stock engine. i wanna keep it that way :blink:

DSC07480.jpg

DSC07481.jpg

DSC07482.jpg

DSC07487.jpg

Edited by moonlite5hadow

minor update

switched to different, slightly smaller wheels and tires. probably only about 1 scale inch smaller, and comes out to roughly 24" wheels.

decided the interior will be flat white with semi gloss black accents/striping.

yes, there's hairs in my camera. i dont know how to clean it out, but i'll figure it out somehow.

DSC07488.jpg

DSC07490.jpg

DSC07494.jpg

DSC07498.jpg

Edited by moonlite5hadow

all those holes are for the individual chrome pieces. the car will be gloss black ext with those chrome accents.

not sure what the wheels are called, but they are issued by aoshima, and dont come in a kit from what i know.

Definately like your second wheel choice. The '58 Chevy has always been in the shadow of the tri-five cars, but has its own beauty and style that the tri-fives don't have. I have this kit and stripped the chrome where needed for gluing, but that's as far as I got. I'm looking forward to starting it again in the future.

Gary