Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini pick up garage

decsgarages

DSCF0936.jpg

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0933.jpg

Hello

I m new to this forum. Have enjoyed looking and reading at alot of topics. some great work done.

I want to display a 1/24th resin Mini pick up. its a transkit from Skalecraft who was based in South Africa. I built it a few years ago. it has Fujimi garage tools and extra resin parts.

hope you like this dio

thanks for looking

Dec :)

Dec, first welcome to Model Cars Magazine forum . Interesting truck there . It looks similar to a Morris truck , A friend of mine who by the way passed away years ago in Texas used to restore Morrisis . He had several wagons and a couple of Panel deliveries . What did you construct the walls and so forth from ? How bout getting the truck out of the shop so we can see what ya'all drive there ? Ed Shaver

Dec, first welcome to Model Cars Magazine forum . Interesting truck there . It looks similar to a Morris truck , A friend of mine who by the way passed away years ago in Texas used to restore Morrisis . He had several wagons and a couple of Panel deliveries . What did you construct the walls and so forth from ? How bout getting the truck out of the shop so we can see what ya'all drive there ? Ed Shaver

Hi Ed

it is similar to Morris Mini Minor van. We call them Mini van/pick ups over here. I constructed the walls from 6mm plywood and covered with plaster of paris bandage(the plaster cast they use for broken limbs) let it set for a few days and then sprayed with grey primer and then painted. used to make my garages that way. now I make them using 6mm plywood and half scale brick paper form dollhouses. you can see newer garages on my website. thanks for looking Ed.

By the way Ed on a different issue was trying to upload a profile picture but it wouldnt accept, had to contact an administrator.

thanks

Dec B)

Most interesting Dec! I certainly would never have thought to have used such materials . I have however heard of some of the rail road scene builders using such products though now that you mention it . Course too, thats who has been the most influental in my diorama building , the archecture and rail road model builders . Ed Shaver

Hi Dec. welcome aboard! sharp little truck and doirama! its always interesting to see what others have built. here you will find a nice bunch of helpful guys that love to build. im kind-of new here as well and have already made new friends and learned quite a bit from these guys....these guys are just great! you will enjoy all they have to offer here, i have. we all like different things and i enjoy seeing all the different builds,advise,and building tips that you will find that they will be more than happy to share with you. keep up the good work............mark