Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just who is "The Stig"?

Fan's of Top Gear got a question for you.

Who the "heck" is The Stig? Anybody know? Is the same person every episode, or different people? I hear there are different Stig's all over the world.

Other colored Stig's? Read somewhere and seen pictures of a black Stig, at least a person in black "Stig" outfits. Were/are there other colors as well?

Share your thought's of whom you think the Stig is.

Edited by FujimiLover

It's a closely held secret, probably had mulitiple Stigs over the years. Some in the UK press have suggested various retired F1 drivers or F1 test drivers. Michael Shumacher posed as the Stig for one episode.

And of course, there are his 'cousins'--Big Stig in the US, Rig Stig the truck driver, and African Stig in Mozambique, IIRC.

The original Stig wore a black race suit and helmet, he was 'killed' off at the end of one season..drove a Jaguar off an aircraft carrier deck IIRC, was replaced by the white suited Stig.

Edited by Rob Hall

It's a closely held secret, probably had mulitiple Stigs over the years. Some in the UK press have suggested various retired F1 drivers or F1 test drivers. Michael Shumacher posed as the Stig for one episode.

And of course, there are his 'cousins'--Big Stig in the US, Rig Stig the truck driver, and African Stig in Mozambique, IIRC.

The original Stig wore a black race suit and helmet, he was 'killed' off at the end of one season..drove a Jaguar off an aircraft carrier deck IIRC, was replaced by the white suited Stig.

Yep it was a new xjr iirc, i rememmber seeing that episode.

Stig Blomquist -famous rally driver of the 60s???? :)

;) That would be epic! A real rally driver, one that doesn't have to prove his fame by going spastic in airport hangers

No one really knows, :lol:

Michael shown himself as the Stig on that episode because they had the FXX and they only let the people that drive them and the people let by Ferrari top drive them, so it was kind of a have to :lol: .

It could be a few people but they have different versions and if it is James I will die in laughter! :lol:

;) That would be epic! A real rally driver, one that doesn't have to prove his fame by going spastic in airport hangers

No one really knows, :lol:

Michael shown himself as the Stig on that episode because they had the FXX and they only let the people that drive them and the people let by Ferrari top drive them, so it was kind of a have to :lol: .

It could be a few people but they have different versions and if it is James I will die in laughter! :huh:

Nick,

The FXX used in that episode was Schumacher's. I can certainly understand not wanting someone else to drive my uber expensive and UBER Rare sports car. I sure as h*** wouldn't let anyone else drive my FXX...would you!!! (Not that I have one mind you, but if I did...)

Edited by Tommy Kortman

OR... dig this... the Stig is James May's mom! Remember the episode when Jeremy, Richard, and James had their moms test the cars, and James' mom was blowing everybody away?

More ridiculous than my first theory, but I'd say it's got at LEAST a .02% probability of being true!

Nick,

The FXX used in that episode was Schumacher's. I can certainly understand not wanting someone else to drive my uber expensive and UBER Rare sports car. I sure as h*** wouldn't let anyone else drive my FXX...would you!!! (Not that I have one mind you, but if I did...)

:lol: yeah! Yeah, that was his personal one so of course he had to be the Stig that episode!

Perry McCarthy, a previous Stig who wore a black suit, was fired off the deck of a warship after revealing his role as the character in his autobiography.

Too funny.

Schumacher is probably one of the few that would be allowed to take his FXX out of the Ferrari factory in Italy.

How would you like that.........YOU buy one of the rarest Ferrari's on the planet (keep in mind that they also only sold them to people that was a current owner of an Enzo, which you could only get if you were a current Ferrari owner with some pull), and you couldn't take it out from the Ferrari factory in Italy, other than to run it on their test track.

On the flip side of that, they must have a pretty decent budget for Top Gear, with all the destruction they do on the show, nevermind getting Shumy and his FXX over to the UK.

That was one wicked lap though!!