Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

undate may 31

since we are nearing completion i have started one under glass page where we can all put our finished models.

i will include a poll where each car is one option and the whole forum gets to vote which car is thier favorite muscle car

please put all your finished models here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31712

hey guys

i was thinking we should do a community muscle car build

i took a minute to look at what wiki calls a muscle car :

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. At its most widely accepted the term refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s equipped with large, powerful V8s and sold at an affordable price for street use and drag racing, formally and informally.

so these are the parameters i want to set

if you want to join,please limit your model to a car that fits the following:

1 it has to be an american car build between 1960 and 1980

2 it has to be a 2 door

3 it has to have testicular fortitude, this can be a factory hemi or a build 350 or even a turbo charged slant 6

4 it has to be street legal, that means i want to see licenseplates people :lol:

we will ad a due date later

i would like to say we use new kits or barely started kits

i for one will be building a 1971 hemi cuda which i have build the engine of and havent touch since

other then that i would say have fun, build a car like it just rolled of the lot or like it rolled off a hill onto the track

i guess if you'd really want to you could enter a ford or even a chevy in this

id love to see a nice AMX in here

oh, one more thing, lets try to keep all the WIP in this one thread so we dont flood the forum

so lets hear it who is in ?

here is the list:

01 diymirage: 1971 plymouth hemi 'cuda

02 wgflatliner: 1970 ford mustang boss 429

03 85firebird: ford talledega

04 porky : 1964 cutlass F-85

05 moonlit5hadow: 1979 chevy camaro 427TT

06 ken#5fan: 1969 yenko camaro

07 captain obvious: 1964 ford fairlane

08 lownslow: 1970 dodge challenger

09 bowtiebadboy333: 1968 chevy camaro

10 modellpularn: 1969½ plymouth Road Runner

11 charlie8575: 1966 pontiac GTO

12 ponyxpres:1976 ford mustang

13 thatoneemokid: 1979 chevy elcamino

14 kyledr330: 1969 dodge superbee

15 chevy70739: 1962 chevy belle air

16 bruno: 1969 AMC AMX

17 ron hamilton: 1964 plymouth fury

18 NJ wayne: 1964 pontiac GTO

19 beefheart22: 1978 pontiac firebird 403

20 ryan S: 1970 chevy chevelle

21 plasticfrog: 1969-71 oldsmoblie chevellontearo

22 MSUfan1981: 1969 pontiac GTO

23 brian fishburn: 1967 mercury cyclone

24 remingtonbox: 1962 corvette C1

25 jason vandergriff: 1969 chevrolet corvair

26 coolcar429: 1970 dodge challenger R/T

27 harold: 1962 ford falcon ranchero

28 moparfan426: 1970 plymouth AAR cuda

29 JT: 1969 chevy el camino

30 customferrari: 1962 chevy corvette

31 matt P: 1966 chevy chevelle

32 smart-resins: 1965 dodge coronet 500

33 badgass: 1969 pontiac GTO the judge

34 demon9115: 1967 mercury cyclone

35 slant6: 1970 dodge challenger

36 pete1980: 1966 chevy chevelle

37 dukefan69: 1969 ford torino talladega

38 70 buick GSX: 1970 ford mustang

39 coolcar429: 1969 yemko camaro 427

40 dukefan69: plymouth sattelite

41 69_charger: 1970 chevy chevelle SS

42 mustang3.8: 1972 olds cutlass H/O

43 cutlass_supreme71: 1968 dodge dart

44 gleuroo: 1970 buick GSX prostreet

45 69_charger: 1969 dodge charger

46 69_charger: 1970 dodge challenger

47 mustang3.8: 1972 hurst oldmobile

48 brizio: 1969 dodge superbee

49 badazzss: 1964 ford fairlane thunderbolt

50 mustangman: 1963.5 buich riviera

51 marcos cruz: 1872 hurst oldmobile

due date is set for june 1 2010

Edited by diymirage

dang. i have two community builds going on right now. i haven't got the model for the import drag build yet, so i may actually get interest in this. I'll take some looks at the hobby store this weekend and see what captures my eye.

consider me in, but not sure on the car yet.

i'm gonna be a busy man lol (time to make some display shelves? lol)

dang. i have two community builds going on right now. i haven't got the model for the import drag build yet, so i may actually get interest in this. I'll take some looks at the hobby store this weekend and see what captures my eye.

consider me in, but not sure on the car yet.

i'm gonna be a busy man lol (time to make some display shelves? lol)

dont fret it, i have 3 models on the bench myself and several underneath im "working" on

let me know what you'll be building

I want in!

I'll be building a Chevy Chevelle SS454 Or possibly the ford talledega Im getting from a trade depending on what I feel like.

id love to see a talledega build but im shooting with a hunch and writing you down for a SS454 :lol:

Would a 64' Falcon Sprint with A 427 cammer stuffed in it fit the bill for this build, prostreet maybe ??? or more of a stock type build what you are looking for ??? Just let me know and I might jump in depending on the deadline, have a ton of stuff going but this sounds cool to me.

Would a 64' Falcon Sprint with A 427 cammer stuffed in it fit the bill for this build, prostreet maybe ??? or more of a stock type build what you are looking for ??? Just let me know and I might jump in depending on the deadline, have a ton of stuff going but this sounds cool to me.

that woul be great

as long as it has a licenseplate on it with current tags ;)

this is pretty much a free for all, you can use anything from a build slant 6 to a custom blown allison V12

the deadline i am not sure about yet, i want to get the list of people who are in going and then we will all decide together

can i use my camaro i started a while ago, but never progressed too far with since?

(this is how it currently sits on my work bench)

if its ok to use this, its revell's 1979 Camaro Z28 with a TT Ford 427

DSC05002.jpg

DSC04970.jpg

i remember that build

looks like you have just as much work left to do on that as i do on my cuda so ill allow it IF i can get a 2 length head start when we race :huh:

I would like to join this. I have been a long time lurker here. I am going to build a '69 Yenko Camaro.

Thanks.

Ken

added you to the list

i have seen a few of these kits at the LHS but i dont think ive ever seen one build

looking forward to it

So I guess no Grand National, GNX, IROC, GTA, 5-0 Fox, Impala SS, modern GTO, Charger, Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, Torana, Monaro, Falcon, Valiant Charger, Firenza, Capri, Marauder.

Wikipedia on muscle cars

there was a good reason i only qouted part of wikis definition

as long as the car is a domestic car build between 1960 and 1980, is a 2 door street legal car and has a powerfull mill in it, it counts

i remember that build

looks like you have just as much work left to do on that as i do on my cuda so ill allow it IF i can get a 2 length head start when we race ;)

this thing will have massive turbo lag, so i think a 2 car length is appropriate.

does it have to be a domestic powerplant? im also building a 5.2L V-12TT (RB52DETT) built from a pair of RB26 engines... you know, the nissan beasts.

if ONE inline 6 is capable of a reliable 1200hp to the wheels, imagine two of them in a V layout. i say an easy 1900hp at the wheels.

but i think that one will be going in my old 240 i was building in the drift buildoff a while back.

I'll enter a full-sized muscle car

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS

o_q0Vypwch5P4qMIN.jpg

hey guys

i was thinking we should do a community muscle car build

i took a minute to look at what wiki calls a muscle car :

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. At its most widely accepted the term refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s equipped with large, powerful V8s and sold at an affordable price for street use and drag racing, formally and informally.

so these are the parameters i want to set

1 it has to be an american car build between 1960 and 1980

2 it has to be a 2 door

3 it has to have testicular fortitude, this can be a factory hemi or a build 350 or even a turbo charged slant 6

4 it has to be street legal, that means i want to see licenseplates people :lol:

we will ad a due date later

nothing against the fullsize chevys entering in this build but do you happen to have one that is 15 years older and 2 doors lighter ?

this one doesnt seem to be legal :rolleyes:

This is right up my alley, I'm in! (But i have no idea what I'll build yet...lol...I'll post my choice this weekend!)

EDIT: Hypothetically speaking, would an El Camino fit within the parameters of a "muscle car"?

as long as the elki is build between 1960 and 1980 and its a 2 door, then ill allow it

(no actual trucks though)

count me in im in process of restoring this ride

3650bc39.jpg

cool, what is that, a 72 challenger ?

I think this is going to be a great build off!! Can I enter a 1970 super bee? All that's done is the body, chassis, engine and suspension painted but thats it. I've got to make a vinal top for it now because I put a BIG gash in the roof and I'm NOT striping the hemi orange or the black c-strips. Let me know! :D

No, but probably something else in my stash..... have to check. Like this one, a cross between a '70 Superbird body, and '69 Road Runner front clip. Made this conversion some 30+ years ago, when JO-HAN kits were plentiful.....

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

that looks awesome

shall i write her down ?

(hope you dont mind me saying no to the chevelle but to be honoust, this is a community build, not a community polish and finish :D )

Edited by diymirage