Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 at My Model Car Storage

Hi everyone,

I still am enjoying watching and reading about your builds. I have been very lucky, some of the guys on here who've bought models from me have sent pictures of their art work, awesome is the only word that fits how they turn a box of plastic into beautiful art!

Jim and his buddy Terry and maybe Brandon are coming over to Daytona again on Sunday the 6th around 10am to help me again in storage. It still is overwhelming when I am in there and its to the point I need help with the buildups some of the boxes aren't marked and I have no idea what they are. If anyone would like to join come on over, I'll have water and snacks and of course about 1,000 models to play with.

Have a wonderful day :lol:

I just re-arranged around 300 kits of my own at home. I had to empty my storage area when I had a new heating system installed in the summer. Finally got things out of boxes and on the shelves again, even sprung for a new shelf unit at Home Depot. I also cleaned up the model building area and now I can work like a human being once again.

Bob

I just re-arranged around 300 kits of my own at home. I had to empty my storage area when I had a new heating system installed in the summer. Finally got things out of boxes and on the shelves again, even sprung for a new shelf unit at Home Depot. I also cleaned up the model building area and now I can work like a human being once again.

Bob

You should take a picture of your building area and post it on here, I haven't found one of Dad's yet, I know there are some I just haven't located them.

Hi Lyn, I would love to come help.....however im a long ways away,bummer. i guess if you post photos someday ill see it all,still not the same though but would be more than happy to help if i was closer......thanks for being one of those that cares enough to take care of them....that in itself makes you a modeler to most of us. thanks mark

awwwwww thanks Mark that is sweet. When I started this back in late May (listed my first model on what would have been my fathers 60th Birthday) I had no clue I actually would have fun with it. I have made some mistakes, I am not perfect, I try to correct them though. Just last week I sold a model that was missing 3 small parts. One of the guys here is helping me try to figure out a replacement for them, I have hopes that when we dig through the boxes Jim will be able to find something that will work, if not Marshall said he'd send what he had. It is like family here everyone helps when they can :lol:

Lyn, Good Luck! I'm happy to see you have a couple guys that are local and are willing to help you out. I suspect this can become a big job and possibly a burden, but you've done well and it appears things are going well for you on ebay.

I keep my eye out daily to see what you list next. Have fun. Look forward to more pictures.

Chris

Lyn, Good Luck! I'm happy to see you have a couple guys that are local and are willing to help you out. I suspect this can become a big job and possibly a burden, but you've done well and it appears things are going well for you on ebay.

I keep my eye out daily to see what you list next. Have fun. Look forward to more pictures.

Chris

Thank you Chris. I try to make it fun or I'd go more batty then I am naturally LOL.

Well they aren't exactly local. Jim is 2 hours away on the other coast and Brandon is 1.5 hours south. Wayne is local but I haven't heard if he wants to come on over yet, I had met him in October nice guy.

I will take more pictures :D

Hi Lyn, if you run across any thing that sounds like id like let me know, really glad you have help.....i know how important it is. i love late 60s big bodied cars, some station wagons, and junk. im sure everything will go to a good home.....its also very nice to offer items to some pre e bay......lots of us cant compete with the big buck people. thanks i hope everything gos well for you. god bless. mark

Hi Lyn, if you run across any thing that sounds like id like let me know, really glad you have help.....i know how important it is. i love late 60s big bodied cars, some station wagons, and junk. im sure everything will go to a good home.....its also very nice to offer items to some pre e bay......lots of us cant compete with the big buck people. thanks i hope everything gos well for you. god bless. mark

I wish I could help every person that asked for something from me.. but honestly I can't, there has been so many and with my limited knowledge of cars. I do the best I can :)

If anyone would like to join come on over, I'll have water and snacks and of course about 1,000 models to play with.

Lyn,

I am up in Jax and if you still need help I can come and help. I can also see if Wayne can come too. Just let me know. I will need to know where to meet and it might be closer to 1130 for me because of church.

David

Lyn,

I am up in Jax and if you still need help I can come and help. I can also see if Wayne can come too. Just let me know. I will need to know where to meet and it might be closer to 1130 for me because of church.

David

Hi David, last time I think we worked till 1. We'll be meeting at storage. If you send me a PM I'll send you the address and security code you need to get into the storage yard. Would be great if you could make it!

If there's snow, I won't go. People around drive stupid on dry roads. I can just imagine what they would do if snow was on the ground.

Grimreaper & Mustang3.8 - I wrote down the models you're looking for and will keep an eye out for them.

Three parts missing? If it's a Revell or Lindberg kit, those manufacturers are pretty good about sending out replacement parts for free.

The left coast of FLA is supposed to be dry, sunny and 70 on Sunday. Hope the other side will be similar. In either case, Lyn, I'll be bringing my canopy again. You laughed last time but it came in handy, didn't it? Oh boy, we're going to get some work done and have a good time doing it. Can't wait to get there.

Hi Crazyjim, people drive stupid up here too,when it snows or we have an ice storm its almost funny to watch some times. stupid driving is why im in my position im in.18 year old kid with moms car 60mph in a 30 with me stoped at a red light....not what id call smart driving ya know? if you could keep an eye out for the parts i need for my dads old models,it would be great! there old and theirs no way the model companies could replace the parts/ect. i need to find. they were in storage for years and have parts damaged too badly to fix or just are missing parts. i have relatives in the Donedon area my uncle, have been there before and i love it there...sand key beach is one of my favorite places to go when weve visited....its just beautiful there. you all are lucky its 25 digress right now here.....freezin my but off....did i mention i hate winter? hurry up summer! you guys and girls have a good time playing/working and thanks a lot! god bless. mark

Mark,

Nine years ago I finally had enough of the Illinois weather and left Aurora for Citrus Springs, FL. Been lovin' every minute of it. Unfortuantely, I'm required to attend ViêtNow National Board meetings on a quarterly basis in Rockford. Next trip is in January. Please ask everyone you know to turn on their heat full blast and open their doors and windows in an attempt to raise the temperature.

Hi crazyjim, id gladly ask them to do that......however you should know up here it probably wouldnt help....good idea though. im sorry that you will be forced to come back to the fridge.....hey why dont you bring the warm weather back with you?........its on my Christmas list to santa?.....its one of the best pain meds ever! or at least in my head it is. cold weather just kills me in my bones....and metal....and i dont like it. yep its just going to get worse up here you lucky dogs! ................take care and god bless. mark

If there's snow, I won't go. People around drive stupid on dry roads. I can just imagine what they would do if snow was on the ground.

Grimreaper & Mustang3.8 - I wrote down the models you're looking for and will keep an eye out for them.

Three parts missing? If it's a Revell or Lindberg kit, those manufacturers are pretty good about sending out replacement parts for free.

The left coast of FLA is supposed to be dry, sunny and 70 on Sunday. Hope the other side will be similar. In either case, Lyn, I'll be bringing my canopy again. You laughed last time but it came in handy, didn't it? Oh boy, we're going to get some work done and have a good time doing it. Can't wait to get there.

I didn't laugh about the canopy I just didn't want you to go to all that work. and I am VERY thankful that you did... Weather shows 70 and clear on Sunday. The parts that are missing are from an ecto 1a, the tail lights, only one was in the kit 3 are missing. I feel bad, even worse because its a member from here who bought it and he doesn't live in the states :lol: