Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 at My Model Car Storage

Hi Lyn, so you built the chevy blazer kit.......not a bad model ether, see you are a modeler like the rest of us. when i started building it took me a while to figure out that it didnt take much glue,i have some of them and i dont think you could get them apart with dynamite..........now i know its not one tube of glue per kit. it snowed here last night....want some? ill put it in a baggie and send you some? id ask Marshal but i know he dont want any......Ed dosent want any ether......what am i going to do with it all? ........I know......take a fan and point it this way , turn it on high......think it will work? i think i got my model of a 71/72 olds toronado from you....it was blue. that was the first real car i owned....i got lucky...my brother helped me out with it....sort of a early Christmas present . i had wanted to find one for quite some time. hes now got me looking for some for him....have a great day!!! thanks, god bless. mark

Yo Lyn. It was great seeing you and your Mom yesterday. Hopefully we made some progress. Your collection has certainly dwindled since the last trip. Terry was amazed! We both had a great time and are looking forward to the next trip.

Awesome to see you too Jim! I am still shocked that I saw some models that I hadn't seen before in there LOL. Hey make sure you send me a link if you use the dice I haven't seen any in a car yet B)

Hi Lyn, so you built the chevy blazer kit.......not a bad model ether, see you are a modeler like the rest of us. when i started building it took me a while to figure out that it didnt take much glue,i have some of them and i dont think you could get them apart with dynamite..........now i know its not one tube of glue per kit. it snowed here last night....want some? ill put it in a baggie and send you some? id ask Marshal but i know he dont want any......Ed dosent want any ether......what am i going to do with it all? ........I know......take a fan and point it this way , turn it on high......think it will work? i think i got my model of a 71/72 olds toronado from you....it was blue. that was the first real car i owned....i got lucky...my brother helped me out with it....sort of a early Christmas present . i had wanted to find one for quite some time. hes now got me looking for some for him....have a great day!!! thanks, god bless. mark

that wasn't my first build. it was a 55 chevy I believe I was 7 or so, of course my dad helped me put it together, he also painted it, but the funny part of that is I got to chose the color and when I did *chuckles* he must have asked me 5 times if I was SURE that was the color I wanted.. The color was like a dark grass green hahaha.. it so irked him to paint it that color but he did B) not sure what happened to that model, pretty sure there is a picture of it somewhere though.... good memories good memories B)

I'm thinking of drilling the holes, attaching a wire or string, and then trying trying some Fuzzi Fur (flocking) on them. Hopefully they'll look like the fussy dice of olden days.

Marshall was kind enough to make a set and send them back to me made, that is how I knew what to do with them. He also had an idea of maybe useing paint or glue on them then tossing em in a baggy with the flock then dotting them with paint when they were dry, I don't know if he's tried that or not. the set he sent back to me turned out awesome though.

I would think if you could get the seams right you could use felt would take a very steady hand though

Anytime I've touched paint to flocking the paint just flows into the flocking. I think the dots have to be done first.

The Fiats are in the purple pond.

was it you or Terry who told me what the purple pond was? I wouldn't have had a clue what you were talking about LOL

Hey, a different pic! Who said you wasn't a modeler? Here's PROOF POSITIVE!!! Looks like ya was buildin the Monogram 66 flip front Chevelle. How'd it come out? You GO girl!!!! :D:D

who knows George it ended up in dad's Model Car World somewhere lol. I was probably 9 there from the when the picture could have been taken at my Grandparents house, I have blocked out a lot of my childhood but I can kind of remember building a model there. LOL evidently I did, we have proof hahaha

Anytime I've touched paint to flocking the paint just flows into the flocking. I think the dots have to be done first.

The Fiats are in the purple pond.

mind is working here and you really have me wondering if it could be done with felt.. 50 model car knives on dad's desk still, 10 colors of felt here... course all I have is elmers glue LOL....... thinking I am going to have to try it