Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '36 Ford

Lyle Willits

IMG_5584-vi.jpg

The first thing you need to do is cut off the package shelf. The roadster version wouldn't use it anyway and for the coupe version, you can't get to it once the roof is on. I scribed mine to match the tuck&roll on the kit pieces.

IMG_5585-vi.jpg

I don't like the kit custon grille, so I'm using the Model Car Garage photoetched grille and resin surround.

IMG_5586-vi.jpg

Kit skirts are too plain so I made some "art deco" style skirts from sheet plastic.

IMG_5588-vi.jpg

That's Reps & mins chopped top, by the way.

I cut the fender unit at the rear end of the running board so i could mold in the rear fenders. Tailight holes will hold DUDEK lights.

IMG_5590-vi.jpg

'61 Impala wheel cover with a chrome bullet mounted in the center.

IMG_5589-vi.jpg

This is where I'm heading,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Looking good lyle Hey wheres the bullets from?

The bullets come from the chrome tree that the Revell "rat rod" caps and trim rings are on. I don't even think they are meant to be bullets. I think they are just part of the tree for molding purposes. You probably have a bunch of them, if you didn't throw them away.

James, that's the first car I thought of when I saw where this build was going. Yes, as usual, Looking good Lyle. Any ideas on a color yet?

Ryan..thats the Cole Foster (Salinas Boys) designed 36 . Its owned by Kirk Hammett of the Mighty Metallica.. Google Deadend Magazine may 07 . Awsome pixs of the dash.

post-5362-1260326575_thumb.jpg