Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Years modeling resolutions...

This next few years will be a lot of fun, if plans go the way I like.

Been keepin' my level of building pretty low compared to what I did in my career as a master pattern maker, tool maker, and custom machinist.

I have a stash of pattern woods, fiberglass resins, cloths, veil and mat, gel coats, and all the waxes and parting agents I'll need for laying up molds from the masters, and laying up the models.

Also have a complete machine shop I've never used for my modeling, so will begin to kick that into gear either this coming year or next.

Got several chrome systems, and a photo-etch system, so I'm pretty well set. After I finish a few things that are nearly done, I can slowly start ramping up my modeling projects, to reflect other skills, equipment, and interest I haven't applied to model building yet.

Lot's more new types of scratch-building in the future B) - FUN :rolleyes: .

I think next year will be great for a lot of us model building addicts ;) .

This next few years will be a lot of fun, if plans go the way I like.

Been keepin' my level of building pretty low compared to what I did in my career as a master pattern maker, tool maker, and custom machinist.

I have a stash of pattern woods, fiberglass resins, cloths, veil and mat, gel coats, and all the waxes and parting agents I'll need for laying up molds from the masters, and laying up the models.

Also have a complete machine shop I've never used for my modeling, so will begin to kick that into gear either this coming year or next.

Got several chrome systems, and a photo-etch system, so I'm pretty well set. After I finish a few things that are nearly done, I can slowly start ramping up my modeling projects, to reflect other skills, equipment, and interest I haven't applied to model building yet.

Lot's more new types of scratch-building in the future B) - FUN :rolleyes: .

I think next year will be great for a lot of us model building addicts :P .

So... When is the official grand opening of Dave's Models going to be? ;)

It sounds like you're going to fry our brain circuitry with all the wild stuff you will be building! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

;) Well let's see I finished one this year I started last year. Then I started 5 more and finished 1, so that's 2. I think I'll shoot to finish 3 next year. I can't begin to fathom completeing 24 in a year. It makes my head hurt!

My ONLY New Years Resolution, is to make it THRU NEXT YEAR!!!!( God willing!) :D:D:D

After what the last almost four years brought for me George with (lack of) employment, misery and dealing with the people that make people miserable all the time, there is absolutely something to be said in that approach, too.

Charlie Larkin

my resolution won't be quantity, but rather quality.

also on my plans:

building a display case in the garage, a paint booth, and a model paint, brush, and too organizer tray.

i know i'll also be taking on air brushing, so i hope to spend a lot of time working on honing my skills.

Mine is to do what most are saying....Finsh,Finsh and Finsh any of the ones I have started.start no more or buy no more till some are done and leave my house to go live some where else....building to me is the fun part.have a happy holiday to all.Thank ya,Chris

Like to be able to finish a model without any visible screw-ups. That includes no broken decals, no tarnish on the clear parts, Getting all mold lines and pin marks, tidy detail painting. I've pounded out almost seven (most being NASCAR) this year and they all have some kind of eye-sore. :lol: Also would like to venture outside the box. Literally. Go beyond box stock and maybe wire up an engine and try out some photo-etch parts, flocking, etc.