Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford's

vizio93

And the hits just keep on comin'!!!! Great stuff from everyone across the last few days and 2 pages!!!!

I'm plugging away on rebuilding my Photobucket links and it's painfully apparent that ebormous damage has been done to to this epic thread. Some of my favorite Deuces by the many gifted modelers who have graced these pages are now M.I.A. :(:angry:

As I plug away at my missing images I've noticed I skipped a Deuce I finished earlier this year. It's a mid-west style dirt track jalopy based on a Hendrix resin Fordor body:

WaiE9v5.jpgMNW6adt.jpgv4C0snF.jpgkSH4iRL.jpgVeABRzm.jpglmGz7DJ.jpg

• 5 months later...

I wish I had looked at this thread before I built my pair of AMT '32s. There's so much great inspiration here that I feel very humble. These are intended to represent period rods from the time (1959-1960) when the Trophy Series kits were first coming out.

IMGP3401.thumb.JPG.b45e21829fd4ba0f1d6e7bc2b9c3ec87.JPG

IMGP3403.thumb.JPG.33b43e2e0f4b5d59f2de787fe0a9167e.JPG

IMGP3970.JPG.afc19bf67afc0e58fd9e33afe1db0661.JPG

IMGP3972.JPG.cd057410bbea0e053120974a92d05b3d.JPG

1 hour ago, mr moto said:

I wish I had looked at this thread before I built my pair of AMT '32s. There's so much great inspiration here that I feel very humble. These are intended to represent period rods from the time (1959-1960) when the Trophy Series kits were first coming out.

Manuel -  Both very nostalgic with fabulous paint jobs.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:44 AM, Phildaupho said:

I missed this thread the first time around and being the promoter for Deuce Days in Scale which will hopefully take place again in Victoria BC Canada in July 2019 I am posting my Deuce builds in somewhat chronological order

Great to see La Collection D'Aupho all in one place. There hardly a genre Deuce hot rod that you haven't modeled. and modeled well! Bravo! Sorry I missed Deuce Days the last time. As a fellow Deuce-oholic I hope to make it next time!

On 1/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, mr moto said:

IMGP3401.thumb.JPG.b45e21829fd4ba0f1d6e7bc2b9c3ec87.JPG

IMGP3972.JPG.cd057410bbea0e053120974a92d05b3d.JPG

AMT Deuces have a unique character all their own. It's so easy to fault them for their myriad flaws in detail and accuracy, and yet few models capture the essence of 50 's-early 60's rodding as well as a properly done period AMT Deuce, and these 2 are as good as it gets!

Edited by Bernard Kron

12 hours ago, crossfire 2004 said:

Just finished, AMT Pheaton body converted to 2 door with Revell Speedwagon frame and modified interior. A real pain due to the body being a good bit shallower than everything else.

D2284802-A755-4B5F-9E88-EE1C6948FC2A.jpeg

Superb cross-breeding of the best of the AMT and Revell contributions to the Deuces-in-scale tradition. So elegant!

Built this sedan a couple weeks ago, only spent four days on it. Proposed a same kit quick build with a friend in a modelling slump. Builds were to be displayed that weekend at our club meeting. 

Basically all parts came from one of the Revell 32 kit boxes. Lowered it a little bit. This was my fifth Revell 32, but the first time I built one with fenders.

Paint is very generic Testors 1210 Gloss bright blue enamel.

Built alongside the blue car. I made so much progress on it the first of four days, that I started another 32. So, this copper car was built in three days. Its a chopped flintstone 3w that I had put back in a box multiple times cause I wasn't happy with the drivers side window lines. Figured it would be perfect for a quick fun build that couldn't possibly turn out perfect in a three day build. The rest of the build is just kit parts from the Revell 32 boxes with the exception of the distributor wiring and the window glass due to the chopped top. Paint is generic Testors 1251 gloss copper.

1516828520061222849039.jpg

1516829572271911533464.jpg

Edited by 68shortfleet

Man there is a LOT of nice work here! I must admit the 32 is one of my all time favorites. Here is one I finished a while ago. I am working on others, but I have pics of this one. There are parts from so many different 32's. The body is Monogram mounted on a AMT Phantom Vicky chassis, wheels & tires. 37 Ford tail lights and PT Cruiser seats & door panels.

100_1008.jpg

100_1010.jpg

100_1011.jpg

100_1012.jpg

100_1014.jpg

Mike

• 9 months later...

This thread went dormant again.  There hasn't been a contribution since last January. And I guess, Deuce-wise, I went dormant, too. But finally here's another Deuce off my bench. Imspired by Mr. Moto's superb real Box Art AMT 32 Ford Roadster at the top of this page, except mine was made almost exclusively from Revell parts!

Revell-Trophy-Street-Rod-Box-Art-Detail-
Box-Art-Composite-web.jpg
DSCF6795-web.jpg
DSCF6773-web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

On 6/13/2013 at 10:58 PM, Bantoft said:

sorry Bernard, I built this around 35 years ago, it is a resin body and I have no idea where the spare came from. This pic may help some identify what I did!!!

IMG_1341.jpg

Dave

Looks like the AMT 32 Ford Roadster kit...

Walt O'Brien VT