Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little Red Wagon

gasserfreak

This is a cool ride. I hear this kit has become a bear to build over the years.

How did this rate in terms of flash etc?

Looks like you overcame them, just curious.

Well built little filly.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words. I don't build or post a whole lot, when the weather turns cold I'm back at the models. :)

the kit was actually pretty OK. it spent a good amount of time sanding and prepping the body. there were some sink marks, etc that I had to fill. and yes, there was a fair amount of flash on some of the parts, esp the bigger stuff like the doors. you can see the front bed panel didn't cooperate and the axles needed some mods to get it to sit relatively straight, but for a $10 ebay kit I can't complain too much. and the decals weren't great, even microset couldn't get them to sit down great.

that said I will be getting another to top with a Jimmy Flintstone body, but I'll leave the engine in the front.

Edited by gasserfreak

Thanks for the kind words. I don't build or post a whole lot, when the weather turns cold I'm back at the models. :)

the kit was actually pretty OK. it spent a good amount of time sanding and prepping the body. there were some sink marks, etc that I had to fill. and yes, there was a fair amount of flash on some of the parts, esp the bigger stuff like the doors. you can see the front bed panel didn't cooperate and the axles needed some mods to get it to sit relatively straight, but for a $10 ebay kit I can't complain too much. and the decals weren't great, even microset couldn't get them to sit down great.

that said I will be getting another to top with a Jimmy Flintstone body, but I'll leave the engine in the front.

I have recent issue and a '93 issue of the LRW kit and haven't encountered much in the way of flash. It was the 4th Lindberg kit I purchased this year and I'm mostly happy with these kits. I know they'll be issues with the doors so I'm prepared for that. I also have the L-700 but no plans to build anytime soon.

Gary