Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eye Kandy Express

kustoms

Well Gang Ive cut up another one I started with an original Lindburg 32 ford pick up kit been painted about six times, for the bed I used an old original SMP 60 impala Its been cut onto four seprate pieces and glued back together. the rear roll pan is out of the first issue AMt 65 bonniville kit with a parts pack grill fopr tailight assemblie the cab has been chopped 4 scale inches and I got the front grill out of the AMT double kit 32 ford sedan and 40 willy's the running grear will be out of the new 32 ford 5 window kit

I really hated too cut up the ol SMP impala but I think it will be worth it in the end stay tuned more too come !

Bud Ellis Kustoms

kandytruck005.jpg

kandytruck003.jpg

kandytruck002.jpg

kandytruck004.jpg

Edited by kustoms

Thank you all for the comments I have a long way too go on this one Im refining the body work now and im gonna dezine a new grill and headlight treatment for the front end and Im a long way from paint stage finnal color will represent the Name of the Truck there will be alot of mock up stages before I paint so there will be no suprizes later when it comes time too build it Sand prime test fit sand prime test fit again Ill post pics along the way stay tuned its gonna be a fun ride!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

• 2 weeks later...

It looks a LOT better fender less.

I gotta go with this opinion - Being fenderless has some nice edge to it. The white-walls add to the edge.

With fenders - it looks too late Barris-like. I'm more a fan of The Barris brothers before Sam died. After the Hirohata Merc - George got too Hollywood - just too bling-bling for me - not enough design restraint.

What "LOOK" are you going for?

P.S. -I know I may have stepped on a few toes expressing my opinion of George - I'm sorry. I did get to meet him a few years ago - It was quite a highlight - even if he was trying to pick up the blond that was hanging out at his autograph table - she may have been one third his age! More power to ya, George!