Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Circus Wagon

One of the local hobby shops in town have a pre-order, order arrangement with Revell.
If their order is placed well enough in advance, the pre-order approved hobby shops get theirs about 2 weeks before the normal orders are filled through the supplier chain. The hobby shops get three of several pre-ordered kits as a package deal. The hobby shops have to be willing to take 3 of whatever else Revell sends to them directly, besides the specifically ordered kit(s).

I got my name on the waiting list about 6 months ago, but wasn't sure if I was one of those signed up early enough to get one of the pre-order kits.
Well, yesterday I got the call to come in and pick up mine B)

I just got home with it. The box art is bright and beautiful, and in "NEW CONDITION" to me alone was worth the $$$$, but"I WON'T OPEN IT UNTIL CHRISTMAS MORNING, so there won't be any pics until Friday, maybe Saturday.

SOME THINGS ARE JUST WORTH WAITING FOR ;)

I had that kit as a kid and it was a lot of fun. If you spend a litle time detailing it it'll help. The little draggon in the back was cool to paint up wild colors too. Have fun with this one. I may just have to get it again this time around.

Danny. :lol:

Edited by ffreak

Why the name change?

Heard it was because Mattel owns the name -- one of their Hot Wheels cars is called the Dragon Wagon (and looks nothing like the Tom Daniel design). When Praying Mantis released a Johnny Lightning version of the DW a few years ago, it was called the Draggin' Dragon.

At least that didn't happen with the Street Fighter reissue -- the side of the box says the Street Fighter name is trademarked and used by permission from Georgia Marketing & Promotions!

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Dave This shot isn't much better, I'll post more later. One tip for a less painless Circus Wagon experience is the "Painters" line of paint markers from Elmer's that I found at Michaels. The red was opaque, flat and behaved well enough. The fiber tip is really hard and was easy to keep on the high spots, so it was like cheating. I tested beforehand and it takes both Testor's high gloss clear and Tamiya's clear. They also had a metallic silver with a tip dia of .029,great for bolts. The yellows are a really light coat of Aluma Coupe yellow with testor's yellow on the wood parts of the cage.

circ9.jpg

One other tip, be careful with the rims. The fit with the tires is tight and the spokes are thin, don't stress them.

Edited by samdiego