Model Cars Magazine Forum

What I've been up to as of late

I haven't posted many new in-progress or workbench photos as of late as my web hosting service has been giving me

fits and I have been unable to upload updates. Thanks to my brother he told of a 'back door' into the server which seems to be

working just fine for now.

A recap:

End of November, I finishing this Peterbilt 386

386_48_left112909.jpg

Then built these two AMT reissues - the White Freightliner DD and the International 4300

4300WFLnrreissues112809.jpg

Then dragged out a long-forgotten project - a Western Star 4900 short aero hood.

WesternStarleft120609.jpg

And now am working on these two Pete 359's

tan359stripedreadyforfoil12209.jpg

yellow359122009.jpg

More pics of each of these builds are on the In-Progress page of my website

Thanks for looking

Tim

Edited by mackinac359

6 done 350 or so to go :lol: LOL

They all look good Tim, are the tanks on the 386 stock or did you paint them that shiny chrome color?

I like how you eliminated the steps issue on the WF,(at least I had an issue), and the single bumper makes it look like a workhorse.

The Western Star.......Sharp! Looks like you could climb in and drive away.

Nice stripes on the 359, and the chrome ends on the tanks is the bomb! This one will be sweet when its finished.

Glad you found an in to your website, (even if you have to trudge around in the snow to the back door) :lol:

Tim

Tim,

I had a look at your in progress builds on the web site recently. I thought the WF and the International were great. I like how you have put the White Freightliner together especially the paint scheme. It works very well. Its given me a few ideas for my next project.

I like the stripes on the Pete 359. Reminds me of the "Big Mamoo"??? I think thats how you spell it. By the way where did that name come from?

Best Wishes

Dave

This one is sort of a baby mamoo..

Big Mamoo was a name coined by one of the engineers working on the truck - a lot of firsts in it.. first new Dash of Class (the rounded often called 'Corvette' dash - even though the Corvette had nothing to do with it ), the first 63" sleeper, the first walk-through sleeper for Peterbilt, the newer long hood, etc. "That's a big mamoo" was a statement referring to how big the truck was - and it became a name.

Tim

Tim,

I had a look at your in progress builds on the web site recently. I thought the WF and the International were great. I like how you have put the White Freightliner together especially the paint scheme. It works very well. Its given me a few ideas for my next project.

I like the stripes on the Pete 359. Reminds me of the "Big Mamoo"??? I think thats how you spell it. By the way where did that name come from?

Best Wishes

Dave

Those are all beautiful builds, Tim! I've never really been a truck modeler, but the excellent builds like yours and others on this forum are showing me the appeal of this segment of the modeling hobby. There is a lot of opportunity for detailing, and you'll probably never run out of different corporate paint jobs and markings to use on them! Nice work!

BTW, I do have one rig from AMT about 40 years ago called the California Hauler Truck. It's a Peterbilt cab with a sleeper and a box trailer. Maybe it's time for a rebuilding project!

Sam