Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grafix Frisket Film

Hello everyone. I'm a bit new here, obviously. I've been making models for a while now, but I'm just now really focusing on the bodies of my cars. I have a Revell Ferrari F430 I'm working on now. I primed the body with Duplicolor White and painted it a gloss Huggar Orange. Everything looks great so far, but now I want to add some custom painting to it. I'm attempting to spray black bengal stripes across the car. Today, while in Hobby Lobby (it's the closest hobby-type shop around here) I purchased some Grafix Frisket Film "Extra Tack - .001 Matte Film. now since I already painted the whole body that Huggar Orange, will it be safe to cut stencils for my designs and stick them to the body so I can later carefully remove them?

Thanks in advance,

-Joe

Joe; I use the old Badger frisket all the time....when using lacquers I have founf that the less "tack" you have on the frisket; the better... especially when you start getting into complex multi-layer paint jobs...If you spray TOO wet; the laquer will start to attack the frisket tack; and leave some of the glue behind when you peel the frisket. If you do spray heavy into frisket masks....once dry; use a NEW #11 X-acto blad around the edges as not to "pull UP" any of the paint graphics.....I hope this helps..........matt