Model Cars Magazine Forum

FINISHED!! 2005 Mustang GT!

MrObsessive

Okay Guys and Gals............this one's finally done!

I finished it up last night, and even took it to our MAMA Christmas party today!

If I have a few nits about the kit it is this.............I really wish Revell would give us different colors for the same decals. For instance, not all of us want to do the color that's on the box. I couldn't put the GT decals on the sides of the fenders because they only come in black and you frankly would not see them. :D

I also wish there was a better way to attach the glass to the sprue without that terrible sprue tag that never seems to go away no matter how well you sand or file.

All in all, this was an easy kit to do..........and as you guys have witnessed, if you want to use the hotter paints for Revell's plastic, I highly recommend the Future Floor Wax!

Here's the pics..................Enjoy! :D

Pc160836-vi.jpg

Pc160837-vi.jpg

Pc160839-vi.jpg

Pc160841-vi.jpg

Pc160843-vi.jpg

Pc160844-vi.jpg

Pc160845-vi.jpg

Pc160840-vi.jpg

I'm not sure what my next car will be...............There's a guy at work that wants me to build a NASCAR for his wife...............then there's that '55 Ford I need to get back to...........

Hmmm...............Guess you'll have to stay tuned for the next one! :wink:

No, I had no problem with a warped windshield.......however Revell needs to work on the way they mold the glass on their sprues.

I truly hate tags that can still be seen even after you've cut it as cleanly as possible :x

I've always wondered why glass need be so distorted?? Is it that difficult to mold clear plastic that it looks like you're looking through coke bottle lens glasses? :?

Sharp build...what kit are the wheels from?

Hi Rob!

I used the optional wheels that are in the Revell '59 'Vette kit. They had to be shoehorned in the kit's tires as I wanted to keep the correct tread pattern as the actual car.

Revell didn't include those "Bullitt" type wheels with the kit...............and I think current gen 'Stangs look best with them. :wink:

Hi Rob!

I used the optional wheels that are in the Revell '59 'Vette kit.

Ahh..that's what I thought they were..I looked at using the similar style optional wheels from the Revell '96 Impala SS, but they look too small..I think the 'Vette ones are the same style but larger diameter...I'll have to look for another '59 Vette..that kit would be nice to see reissued...

The Mustang is outstanding.

But, it looks like you still need some coaching on your paintwork. I did not see one bit of "orange peel". I've told you dozens of times I'd be willing to teach you how to master substandard paintwork just like I do. I'm thinking of starting you in my remedial course "Orange Peel 101", then maybe advancing to my time tested "Fingerprints in the Paint - Forensics or Finishing Touch?" seminar. I also offer several pass/fail courses, the most popular of which is "4 Wheels On The Model, But Only 3 On The Table" which walks you through the proven methods I've perfected over the past 3 decades that guarantees there will always be one wheel in the air, no matter how well the kit is engineered. (Even works on Pocher!)

Just let me know when you're ready to take this hobby seriously, big guy. :evil:

Looks great 8)

Color/wheels go well together. Ditto on the comments of the kit in general. Wish it didn't require so much surgery to stuff modern aftermarket rims, but it can be overcome.

If anyone has a Maisto Mercedes SLK lying around, one of the later versions w/5 spoke rims, I've found them to be the most accurate rendition in scale of Ford's new 18" Bullitts used on the Mustangs.

The Mustang is outstanding.

But, it looks like you still need some coaching on your paintwork. I did not see one bit of "orange peel". I've told you dozens of times I'd be willing to teach you how to master substandard paintwork just like I do. I'm thinking of starting you in my remedial course "Orange Peel 101", then maybe advancing to my time tested "Fingerprints in the Paint - Forensics or Finishing Touch?" seminar. I also offer several pass/fail courses, the most popular of which is "4 Wheels On The Model, But Only 3 On The Table" which walks you through the proven methods I've perfected over the past 3 decades that guarantees there will always be one wheel in the air, no matter how well the kit is engineered. (Even works on Pocher!)

Just let me know when you're ready to take this hobby seriously, big guy. :evil:

;)075.gif