Emergency vehicle build

Murphy's Law

Nice builds guys!

Here is what I'm starting on:

Louisiana_State_Trooper_cruiser.jpg

97e92366.jpg

dont forget to remove the bumpstrip from the driver side door :P

thats how all the copcars here look like too

has anyone come up with a emergency vehicle to support all these cop cars ?

maybe

something

along

the

lines

of

this ?

donut_truck.jpg

dont forget to remove the bumpstrip from the driver side door :blink:

thats how all the copcars here look like too

I thought about it, but it's a metal body. I really don't have the moxy or the facility do do a major repaint in the cold...

has anyone come up with a emergency vehicle to support all these cop cars ?

maybe

something

along

the

lines

of

this ?

donut_truck.jpg

OUCH... Ok killer, let's see what ya got! :P

The LHP Crown Vic is in the finishing stages, just trying to figure out what equipment/antennas to use. I'm kinda thinking about doing it as a California Highway Patrol Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit. I have some of these decals in my book:

CHP%20logo%201_ots.ca.gov.jpg

I seem to remember them using that as a door logo for a short time on those cars. If I'm mistaken, please let me know. White CV either as a slick top or Vision lightbar, LoJak antennas, hockey puck for the computer, a 12" antenna for the repeater and 96" whip for a CB.

On another note, it's amazing what you find when you start cleaning cabinets out. I found this piece of wonderfulness already painted and yet abandoned probably close to eight years ago.

c8fa8dd6.jpg

I knew I had some NYPD decals, so I'll get re-started on it for the build.

I've seen some great looking finished projects, but am anxious to see some in progress stuff!

Great find with the Caprice!

CHP used that logo around 88-89, and it pops up occasionally on recruitment cars and what not. CMV divisions now use white cars with a painted white push bumper. All carry the current logo that has a full color state seal. "Safety and Service" used to be in black on the rear fenders of all white cars. They just changed it to something else again.

I applied to the CHP in '78. Due to a hiring freeze I went back to St Louis Missouri and went on the PD there. Wouldn't you know CHP called me in early '80?

Oh that's just wrong.................

Welcome but wrong.

It's a new breed on the streets nowadays, no more coffee and donuts. Now it's bagels and latte........... :D

Great....yuppie cops, just what the world needed!

Helps explain the attitude problems of a lot of the younger ones I've run into around here, too.

Charlie Larkin

Thank You!

The olive/black '49 is the Maryland State Police. They had these colors for years, then went to tan. In '96? they went back to olive/black.

The '00-'05 Impala's had a 3.8 V6. The '06 in that shot had the Pontiac inspired 3.9 V6. Chevrolet always promised they would shoehorn a V8 into that car. In a way I'm glad they never did. That '00-'05 was an evil handling car. I didn't drive that '06 much. That photo was taken on the day of my last roll call before retirement. It was only about four weeks old then.

G

I talked to a local County Sherrif's Deputy a few years back that had one of the 3.8l Impala's and hated it, it didn't run all that strong and got worse in late summer rush hour traffic from heat soak which would just kill it's ability to perform anything close to decently. Never really trusted GM's fwd cars after that Pontiac 6000 that Dad used to have....that pile didn't die soon enough!

Edited by Joe Handley

Are you ok with reviving a stalled project (I have lots of those). I found this on my bench and really want to get it going again.

Payhauler1.jpg

The idea is for an industrial pumper at a mining site. It was inspired by a real truck.

ihave a pic of that same truck wow it looks good as a model any info on it ? pm please

My 14 year old daughter has started work on her metal-bodied Dodge Charger police car she got for Christmas.

d8f970a6.jpg

ebc74250.jpg

that is cool

it is always great to see young'ns take an interest in the hobby

it is always great to see members of the fairer sex take an interest in the hobby

so this is twice great :)

also, those dodge chargers are incredible cars

i bought my wife on last week (an 08) and now im looking for one for myself