Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christmas Haul

No models for me for Christmas (Yet! Still have not gone to my parents' house.) I got an XBox 360 Elite, which should kill any model-building productivity I have... :-) Nah, I'll have to balance those out.

I did get an early 80s McLaren Mustang and Callaway Corvette Speedster on eBay last week. One is at my door, one should be there tomorrow. I'll get em when I get home on Sunday.

$335 worth of HobbyTown gift cards, which'll be going to put a new ESC/motor combo and radio in my Comp Crawler

$450 in cash which will be put towards getting a new set of Wrangler Silentarmors to replace the ones 45k mile ones that are currently on my XJ (They're getting a little scary, but work frighteningly well in this nonsense :huh: )

Phineas and Ferb soundtrack.

Monster Jam for XBOX and Mario Cart Wii (Mom got a Wii and Little Sis got a XBOX 360 for Christmas!)

$50 Shell Card and $25 Subway Card (Got food and gas :) )

3 containers of deoderant (which should last me till next Christmas!)

George Forman Grill (and yes, I actually wanted one of those!, luckily I was about out too...)

A case of premix EAS Myoplex Light (guess I need to start lifting again :) )

and most importantly...................

A Wonka Bar!!!!

My Christmas haul? How about 2 inches of sleet, 8 inches of show, 50mph winds and 2 foot snow drifts! We had a blizzard in Oklahoma. I've been digging out for 90 minutes and as soon as I thaw from the single digit wind chills and blowing snow, I'll be going back out to dig some more and take some pics. We still haven't opened any presents yet.

Edited by Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Only plastic I got was a 71 Hemi Cuda REVELL kit at a recent club meeting.

Today I got a gift card from BORDERS,shoes,pants,socks,

stuff my wife thinks I need cause I'm blowin my dough of stuff I don't need.

Last week I gave some money to my youngest daughter and she blew all of it the same day.

I scolded her and asked her what she did with all of it.

I found out today that she used it to buy me a present that same day. BAD DAD...

Laters, Chun

Edited by 808 Nitro

My Christmas haul? How about 2 inches of sleet, 8 inches of show, 50mph winds and 2 foot snow drifts! We had a blizzard in Oklahoma. I've been digging out for 90 minutes and as soon as I thaw from the single digit wind chills and blowing snow, I'll be going back out to dig some more and take some pics. We still haven't opened any presents yet.

I've read about that on RCCrawler, sounds like you guys and Nebraska (Omaha in particular) got it "good".

Actually, I have not received a model kit during Christmas since I was in High School 30 years ago! Clothes and electronics are what I want now and usually receive.... :)

Kits I have enough of!

More than I could build if I lived another 50yr.

But post away, it is interesting seeing what you guys think is cool! :)

I got five kits.

93 Ranger slash, 97 F150, early 90s F150, Toyota Hilux, and an Aoshima RX7 savana. Ive been wanting a few trucks so Im glad I got some. I also got a busted tail light :rolleyes: but I found a replacement for $15 so thats not to bad.

I got five kits.

93 Ranger slash, 97 F150, early 90s F150, Toyota Hilux, and an Aoshima RX7 savana. Ive been wanting a few trucks so Im glad I got some. I also got a busted tail light :rolleyes: but I found a replacement for $15 so thats not to bad.

:) NICE

Edited by grimreaper

This year, everything is so screwed up with my family, I ended up buying my own Christmas present yesterday. While picking up some candy for my parents and my grandmother (who, at 98, doesn't want much, but loves her chocolate still,) I grabbed one of the new Revell 2009 Dodge Challenger SRTs. I picked through it...beautiful kit, although painting the underhood area is going to be a bit of a nightmare; that aside, it looks really nice. I'll see about getting to it sometime next year, perhaps.

Charlie Larkin

I got the White Freightliner, International Transtar 4300 semi tractors and 12 model cases!

10 of the cases were the new Lindberg cases. They say they are for 1/24th and 1/25th but are bigger than the other cases! Are they for 1/18th scale too? They don't say so!

Also got a fleece lined hooded flannel and somecash! ;)