Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph TR3-A `58

Fairlane

Hello!

This is my slowly project goin` forvard.It is a beautiful car!

I ordered the model from Teppo Saari (Model Car Import) last month.It cost 24 euros,but i got it 22€.

I painted the model with an Motip Color,light blue.

Now the project is in my basement,because i had a little pause of this hobby.Now,some pictures:

triumphtr-3002.jpg

001.jpg

triumphtr-3003.jpg

The project will go on!!

-Tommy

Yep, it was BMC in 58. I'll see if my old DuPont books have "world colours" included.

In December 1960 Triumph was bought by Leyland Motors Ltd with Donald Stokes becoming chairman of the Standard Triumph division in 1963, Triumph then merged with British Leyland Motor Corporation (BMC)in 1968.

Edited by GeeBee

Ed: I just painted the body with an cheap Motip Color.And the green body what is in the last picture,it is the same body,before painting.And i don´t know,was that blue color in the colour map of TR3.

jbwelda: I don`t know is it the same kit what Gunze had.

Edited by Fairlane

i dont think it was british leyland back in the days of tr3s, ed. just triumph.

is this the same kit as the gunze one? looks similar.

No this isn't the Gunze kit. The Gunze kit is very good but the Minicraft kit is very crude. A few years ago I started on the Minicraft but gave up very soon and gave it to a neighborhood kid. When I found the Gunze version it was like a miracle because it just fell together. The only problem with the Gunze is that it has the black vinyl/rubber interior typical of this line of Gunze sports cars.

Rob W