Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An on the bench update.....

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since I had a good bench day yesterday I thought I'd put these up....

I was an intense F1 fan in the 60's-'70s and '80s and when three US based teams went into the fray I was pretty excited!

Recently available from Bill Jorgensen are the Shadow DN3 and the Parnelli VPJ1 and I've made a pretty good start on the Shadow.

Yesterday was wheels and rear wing day....today I need to get the engine and rear suspension mated up so I can figure out how to mount them to the resin chassis.

DSC02918-vi.jpg

Reference and inspiration.....

DSC02916-vi.jpg

I work on a glass cutting board from a kitchen supply store. Smooth, flat and easy to clean between projects.....

DSC02919-vi.jpg

Posted · Report post

That's very cool! Those cars were awesome as well as beautiful! I wish I could have seen them in person racing.....

Great start! I'll follow up this project closely.

Posted · Report post

Cool project!!

Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

Posted · Report post

Cool project!!

Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

The kit requires a Tamiya 1/20 Wolf or Williams for tires, engine and rear suspension along with some smaller parts.

The resin was a bit rough but it's the only game in town so I was glad to find it!