Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An on the bench update.....

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Since I had a good bench day yesterday I thought I'd put these up....

I was an intense F1 fan in the 60's-'70s and '80s and when three US based teams went into the fray I was pretty excited!

Recently available from Bill Jorgensen are the Shadow DN3 and the Parnelli VPJ1 and I've made a pretty good start on the Shadow.

Yesterday was wheels and rear wing day....today I need to get the engine and rear suspension mated up so I can figure out how to mount them to the resin chassis.

DSC02918-vi.jpg

Reference and inspiration.....

DSC02916-vi.jpg

I work on a glass cutting board from a kitchen supply store. Smooth, flat and easy to clean between projects.....

DSC02919-vi.jpg

Posted

That's very cool! Those cars were awesome as well as beautiful! I wish I could have seen them in person racing.....

Great start! I'll follow up this project closely.

Posted

Cool project!!

Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

Posted

Cool project!!

Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

The kit requires a Tamiya 1/20 Wolf or Williams for tires, engine and rear suspension along with some smaller parts.

The resin was a bit rough but it's the only game in town so I was glad to find it!