Model Cars Magazine Forum

For any of you who are having problems with the site: UPDATE YOUR WEB BROWSER!!!

I recommend Firefox, it works great.

Yeah, posting and all works great now biggrin.gif .

Downloaded IE 8, and it asked my about Firefox Downloading, so I guess I got it ??

Anyway, had to make some changes, and so far looks and works great cool.gif

So I guess this means that everyone has to switch and try to update their web browsers in order to properly post here,now?

I dunno man, that sort of seems like an uneccessary requirement for folks to have to do, just so they can post....Why don't the powers that be just re-format that stupid option bar so it isn't so gosh darn intrusive?

Edited by J. Sauber

So I guess this means that everyone has to switch and try and their web browsers in order to properly post topics,now?

I dunno man, that sort of seems like an uneccessary requirement for folks to have to do, just so they can post....Why don't the powers that be just re-vamp that stupid option bar so it isn't so gosh darn intrusive?

If the site isn't working correctly, the problem is your web browser! It's impossible to build a website in several different versions to accomodate all browsers...the browser has to accomodate the web site! Old, out of date browsers can't display the new technology websites correctly... not just this one, but any that use newer code systems.

You can either complain about the site (which is NOT where the problem is)... or just get an up-to-date browser installed and solve your problem.

Why put up such a fight? Just download a new browser, fer cryin' out loud! It's free, it takes just a few minutes, and it'll solve all your problems here and anywhere else on the web. I recommend Firefox, it works perfectly.

If the site isn't working correctly, the problem is your web browser! It's impossible to build a website in several different versions to accomodate all browsers...the browser has to accomodate the web site! Old, out of date browsers can't display the new technology websites correctly... not just this one, but any that use newer code systems.

You can either complain about the site (which is NOT where the problem is)... or just get an up-to-date browser installed and solve your problem.

Why put up such a fight? Just download a new browser, fer cryin' out loud! It's free, it takes just a few minutes, and it'll solve all your problems here and anywhere else on the web. I recommend Firefox, it works perfectly.

Well, I suppose thats what I'll have to do when I get some time later, but for now, I'll just hit the enter button and start typing BELOW the darn option bar so I can see what heck I'm typing...

Although I have had no problems with the upgrade I would like to point out that to "just get an up-to-date browser installed and solve your problem" is almost impossible on dial up with an older system. Many here don't have the luxury of a new computer and top of the line software. Mine is 8 years old but I have kept up with updates via DSL.

Although I have had no problems with the upgrade I would like to point out that to "just get an up-to-date browser installed and solve your problem" is almost impossible on dial up with an older system. Many here don't have the luxury of a new computer and top of the line software. Mine is 8 years old but I have kept up with updates via DSL.

You don't need a new computer to download a new web browser. And the browser is the software... that's exactly what you need to download–new browser software! Firefox works like a charm, I don't mess with any Microsoft products like IE because they seem to be quirky and strange. Firefox works perfectly, every time. And once you download it, you'll get free, continuous upgrades as Firefox evolves... so once you install Firefox, you'll always be up to date! No new computer needed... what you need is new software! (Firefox).

If you're on dial-up, the only problem you may have is that it'll take a little longer to download, but that's not really a problem. Just start the download, go have a cup of coffee or whatever, and check back in a while to see if the download is finished.

Well, I'm still on dialup, but fortunately, my system is only about 3 years old, so I may be able to utilize this Mozilla/browser update stuff without trouble, but yeah, I feel real bad for the guys that are still using primitive dinosaurs as computers along with dialup connections. For those guys, trying to update the systems, may indeed become a serious hassle....

It's kinda interesting to note however, that out of the 10 or so various forums I partcipate on, this is now the only forum that no longer works properly with my current browser......Go figure.... ;)

You don't need a new computer to download a new web browser. And the browser is the software... that's exactly what you need to download–new browser software! Firefox works like a charm, I don't mess with any Microsoft products like IE because they seem to be quirky and strange. Firefox works perfectly, every time. And once you download it, you'll get free, continuous upgrades as Firefox evolves... so once you install Firefox, you'll always be up to date! No new computer needed... what you need is new software! (Firefox).

If you're on dial-up, the only problem you may have is that it'll take a little longer to download, but that's not really a problem. Just start the download, go have a cup of coffee or whatever, and check back in a while to see if the download is finished.

On a side note, I have to wonder how long firefox will remain free?........If it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, I wonder at what point when the folks behind the software, no longer feel charitable and start trying to fatten up their wallets a bit by charging it's happy-go-lucky users for the latest downloads and/or updates?... [You know, kinda like that cool, free, virus protection program that covers all updates for a year or so, but after that, it's time to open up your wallet, or else your no longer up to date.....LOL].

I dunno, nothing in this world seems to stay free for long.......Who knows.

On a side note, I have to wonder how long firefox will remain free?........If it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, I wonder at what point when the folks behind the software, no longer feel charitable and start trying to fatten up their wallets a bit by charging it's happy-go-lucky users for the latest downloads and/or updates?... [You know, kinda like that cool, free, virus protection program that covers all updates for a year or so, but after that, it's time to open up your wallet, or else your no longer up to date.....LOL].

Don't know how long browsers will be free, but grab it while you can!

I've been using Firefox for years now and it has always been free. If they start asking money for it, people will most likely just move to Safari or Chrome or other free browsers.

I have Firefox 3.5 and Internet Explorer 8 right now on my computer and both work just fine here. I often switch from one browser to another because some sites seem to work better with Firefox and some other sites work better with Internet Explorer. It's also a good thing to update your browsers for improved security. Just update Internet Explorer to version 8 and downlaod/install Firefox 3.5

Firefox has always been free and I have no reason to expect it will ever be charged for. It was originally called Mozilla and before that..Netscape! Many of you must remember Netscape! I've used Netscape, and it's successors, for ... lets see.. since the 80's anyway, so I don't expect to be required to pay any time soon! :)

I've never seen a forum that required a specific browser to use. I'm not complaining or trying to start anything, I just can't understand that if there was nothing wrong with the old forum, why did it change?

It's not that this forum requires a specific browser... the problem is, when this site was updated, many older (and basically obsolete) browsers just can't display it properly.

Website technology changes constantly. New sites run on new codes that didn't even exist a few years ago. So an old browser that was created years ago may not have the capability to properly display a new website that was created using new technology. You can't just assume that your old browser will work forever. As internet technology changes, you have to make sure and keep up by downloading the latest version of whatever browser you're using.

Any current browser should display this site correctly. The nice thing about Firefox is, once you download it, they automatically send you updates as needed. You don't have to remember to keep updating your browser... they do it for you! Yet another reason to use Firefox.

It's not that this forum requires a specific browser... the problem is, when this site was updated, many older (and basically obsolete) browsers just can't display it properly.

Website technology changes constantly. New sites run on new codes that didn't even exist a few years ago. So an old browser that was created years ago may not have the capability to properly display a new website that was created using new technology. You can't just assume that your old browser will work forever. As internet technology changes, you have to make sure and keep up by downloading the latest version of whatever browser you're using.

Harry is exactly right- I just upgraded to IE8 and the reply box blockage is gone. *poof*

You can update to IE8 free at Microsoft's 'site.