Model Cars Magazine Forum

How do I get the old format back

Guest Gramps-xrds

This is my 1st post on the new format and I'm not having any of the problems some seem to be having with it. I liked the look and feel of the old one better and now I just have to get used to a new look and learn how to use it again, but so far I'm ok with how it is.

One thing I noticed on my PC Netbook (yes, Gregg has a PC, well, two, but one is only for R/C Helicopter Simulation), is that I had to actually sign in for the skins to show up.

So, I tried that on the Mac with Firefox, and Bon Jovi, it worked!

So, made me thunk, maybe sign out, and then sign back in, see if that works?

k den

Gregg, I tried resetting the cache, and clearing out cookies for this board only. I still only see the two skins for the board and not the "comfy" one you described. I'm on Firefox BTW, which I use pretty much exclusively as I'm not a fan of IE8.

But then it's not Sunday night yet, so I'll be quiet 'til then! :)

I still can't change my sig though except for just my name in plain/boring arial black text. B) Other than that, I think the new look is great!

Did you sign out, and then sign back in?

The sigs will be non-HTML

That was one of the problems with the old board.

The tables got so huge from the old posts/threads.

Everyone has their own blog/gallery, which can be their showplace.

I even linked mine to the offsite Blog

Did you sign out, and then sign back in?

The sigs will be non-HTML

That was one of the problems with the old board.

The tables got so huge from the old posts/threads.

Everyone has their own blog/gallery, which can be their showplace.

I even linked mine to the offsite Blog

Yep! Did all that! I still only see the Lo-Fi version and the new style listed.

Now I can clear ALL cookies and that might do the trick...........but then whenever I go to a site that I have to sign in, it's a real pain to type in all the passwords and such. :blink:

Maybe later I'll try that option.................

Bummer about the sigs being non HTML............I may try the blog gallery section as I've never used those before here. ;)

Guest Gramps-xrds

Alright, I am trying the Firefox. Keeping fingers crossed. I do not like one of the things in the bar, is deeling with most visited, getting started latest headlines etc. But that's the browser, not this. I see it does have spell checker on it. That is a plus! also no more bar in the middle of the reply box and now there are avatars. So far, so good. Jody

Jody if you don't like the "most visited" tabs being shown on the screen, just open the bookmarks and delete the line that says most visited. This will get rid of it. There are several things I don't want a browser to do but in firefox, if you go to tools/options, you can change several things there. I have mine set to dump cookies & cache when I close firefox. There's some other things you can change too.

I've noticed that since the change,on a few threads, the pictures are too big for the screen and I need to scroll across to see the whole thing.

This always happened on the SA forum until I switched to firefox, but now it's happening here in a few spots.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Also, I can't get any of the optional skins yet.

Other than that,everything seems to work fine.

I've noticed that since the change,on a few threads, the pictures are too big for the screen and I need to scroll across to see the whole thing.

Rich, I'm on Firefox as well and the problem may be where the pics are hosted. I use Fotki for just about all my photos and they automatically get resized when they're placed here.

However pics hosted from Photobucket aren't reduced for whatever reason..............I don't know of a change to fix it though.

Gregg, Did you reset the cache system, or whatever you were going to do, so we can see the new skins? I still have only IP Board and IP Board Lo-Fi to choose from. and I'd really like to see some different colors. Tried signing out and signing back in with no change.

Also, some members have mentioned a spell check feature for adding replys, I can't find this option.

Thanks for any info you can provide. :)