Model Cars Magazine Forum
decsgarages

Winter project

I like to call this dio a Winter Project...he's restoring his mini over the winter season in his private garage...

DSCF4237.jpg

DSCF4235.jpg

DSCF4233.jpg

Thanks for looking,,,,

Dec

Hi dec

Love the dio especialy being in case I take it you are into Mini's then im sure there are many out there that look just like this one!!

Gee, hope yer guy aint goin to crawl under that ride with those bricks ! Ive seen them give out , just when you least expect it ! USE JACK STANDS !!!!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver

that is really cool.will you tell us more about the case and how you made it ? I like the use of space and how it isn't too full of stuff but still plenty of details to pull the viewer in.

thanks for looking and liking this dio...hows it made..I made the frame from 6mm plywoood...base and back and 2 side pieces...then glued and screwed together....built the dio inside then...the glass(real glass) is 6mm polished on two sides...then pushed up together and framed in with L shape moulding with small screws...I use real glass because it doesnt scratch when polished or dusted...

Dec

i like how it is a real mini and not one of those newfangled bmw wannabees

also, i really like the smudges on the guy working on it, makes it look nice and realistic