Model Cars Magazine Forum

Air-Trax - Resin Kits of many British and German Cars

So,Air-Trax is a two man firm.They do some resin models with their own molds,which are home made ones.The makers are from Finland,they are Tapani Rauramo and Juha Airio.Here is a building topic,in FCMA Forum,don`t mind about the Finnish language :)
Here is a list of some models what they`re done and what you can order:

""'62 Ford Anglia, 80Euros, curbside

'65 Ford Cortina, 90 Euros, w. separate hood, conversion parts for Tamiya Lotus7 engine

'61-'64Ford Taunus 17m, 90Euros

'63 Volvo P1800, 90Euros, separate hood, engine castings

'73 Volvo P1800ES, 90Euros (Newest)

'61-'64 Saab 96 Sport

'69 Saab V4 90Euros+complete detailing set in resin50Euros

'79 Saab V4, as above

'59-'66 Triumph Herald, 70Euros, curbside, 2 separate tops (saloon&coupe), and a possibility to build a convertible. This is an early product, so accurate, yes, but expect a bit lower surface and detail quality...
also, still possibly available

'61 VW Typ 3, 40Euros, early(our first) mold, needs a Japanese Beetle kit. You'll get one if you insist!

Ferrari PF Coupe, 105 Euros, with photo etched details

Ferrari PF Convertible, 105 Euros, with photo etched details

Triumph TR4, 75 Euros, with photo etched details, needs a Gunze or possibly Minicraft TR3 kit for donor.

Triumph TRS, 75 Euros same as above TR4, but has a correct wheelbase frame.

Volvo 131 Amazon 100 Euros, separate hood, engine castings, photo etch detail sheet

MG 1100 4-d saloon,80Euros, needs a Tamiya Mini Cooper kit for donor

'56-57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Berlina,80Euros, use parts from Revel/Italeri/Protar Giulietta Spider kit.

'62-'66 Alfa Romeo 2600Sprint, 65Euros, needs a Tamiya GTA and you lenghten the chassis+add 2 cylinders!

'62 Dodge Lancer SW, 95Euros, with photo etched details, needs some Mopar kit parts.

'79 Talbot-Sunbeam-Lotus Rally car, very complete with over 100 parts or as more simple curbside, 100 Euros curbside,150Euros detailed kit with underhood parts etc.

Unless otherwise stated, our kits need parts from parts box, that preferably has stuff from Tamiya Lotus7, Tamiya Morgan, Aoshima/Airfix MGB, and use of imagination. We do not supply parts plated or windows in the kits.

""

I did that little rewiew for that Amazon kit. I am not maybe best to make estimate for it becouse it is my very first resin kit. But i can say that what i see, i really like it. it really looks Amazon and i was pretty supriced about how nice it was. Now on those rewiew pics there is not all parts what that kit has becouse i did my order for it so early that some parts like PE-parts were just in progress so ill get them later. Ofcourse you must do some extra work when compare it in some nice Revell plastic kit but this is very unique subject and in my opinion it is worth of every penny. If you really like Amazon Volvos or Saab 96 or something else on that list they are really way to go. That Tommys list is sraight quote from Tapani´s list.

I post some progress pics on here too from that Volvo, but i really want finish first that Merc first its so close to that point :P

U can get those by sending an e-mail to: raurata@yahoo.com . But i don`t know that do they send the models to UK/USA,and how big are the posting.And how can you pay the model.

-Tommy

Tapani sends them to the US; I think he needs paypal payment. I got the Saab about a year & a half ago when a friend ordered a pair of Volvo P1800's and a pair of Anglias. I have evil intentions w/the Saab :D:D

• 1 month later...

The kits are 1/25 scale. I've had a couple. The P 1800 ES and Ford Cortina are fabulous, not to mention the Harry Potter Anglia. I have to get me a Saab as well. I've given away a couple to my friends in Sweden as birthday gifts,and they have all been very impressed.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bill! I saved it for next time I ask Juergen for something from over there! Man THOSE are some expensive kits Daddy-O. but I guess that's to be expected when you think of what your getting. Those are pretty rare MODELS to get over there, much less to even SEE over HERE!!! I'd pay that for Juha's 75 Pontiac Grand Am INNA MINUTE though! I LOVE that model!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

George, I have his P1800 Volvo and it's a real nice kit....................and one probably not going to show up in plastic anytime soon. I wish I had gotten it though when the Euro was weaker like it is now.

Still worth the money, and I can bet another one won't show up on the contest table! If I ever get around to building it, it'll be red just like my 1:1 '65 I owned once upon a time. :rolleyes:

Guys, some of those kits now contain photo etch detail sets with them. Something You won't find elsewhere. They have a new Volvo Amazon with the etch and some of the details could be useful for Bill's P 1800. Their P 1800 ES is really sweet, and the '61-'64 Ford Taunus looks fabulous. I might have some pics of the one Juha built himself, that I took last Saturday in Stockholm Sweden. I haven't had the time to upload the pics yet. Will post pics if they are any good.

The shipping prices from Finland have gotten really outrageous lately. These can be shipped cheaply too, but I lost one P 1800 ES I shipped to a friend in California. So I won't recommend using the cheap method to anyone.

Hey guys, haven't you seen my thread about the Capital City Modelers Stockholm show? I had a vendor table next to Tapani and the boys, and I was interested in buying. But I had delivery of some slot car stuff I won on our swedish version of ebay. Then there were no money left for resin kits. Maybe this summer, they will be back in early July for "Grefvens Glue Galore" Anyone care for a trip to Sweden? It's really beautiful in the summertime you know..... :)

;) I agree with Mr. Obsessive . It will not soon appear in plastic period . I am currently waiting on the arrival of the Volvo P 1800 and the Ford Cortina . I saved the money for months . It cost me considerably less now as when I started in Nov. last year . I know the quality of their products . I anticapate the same as I have already . This is a word of mouth endorsment . Thanx.. :P

• 2 months later...