Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 MERCURY WITH 1959 CADDY REAREND

John Teresi

HELLO......THIS STARTED AS A REVELL 1949 MERCURY KIT.......I CUT OUT THE REAR END AND ADDED A 1959 CADDY REAR END FROM THE GHOSTBUSTERS SNAP KIT......I MOLDED EVERYTHING IN AND SHORTENED REAR BUMPER TO FIT.......SCRATCH BUILT CARB SCOOP........WIRED AND PLUMBED.......INTERIOR FLOCKED......BAREMETAL FOIL......SCRATCH MADE CROSS MIRROR...... MOLDED IN SIDEPIPES......HAND PAINTED WHITE WALLS......H.O.K. ORGANIC GREEN KANDY,TEAL KANDY AND LIGHT GREEN FINGERNAIL POLISH OVER SLIXX DECALS MINI FLAKES.

DSCF6311.jpg

DSCF6309.jpg

DSCF6304.jpg

DSCF6300.jpg

DSCF6294.jpg

DSCF6279.jpg

DSCF6286.jpg

way to rip off my idea! this has been done-- see Mercurado --- and dont try to pass off a stolen idea of someone elses as your own.

TO BAD YOU FEEL THIS WAY?.........I DON`T NEED TO STEAL ANYBODY`S IDEA......IT CAME FROM MY OWN HEAD.......I WILL STICK WITH THAT!......TILL I GO TO THE GRAVE!!!!!!!!........TO BAD YOU HAVE A COMPLEX ABOUT YOURSELF????????..........I DID NOT COME ON THIS SITE TO GET HASSLED ........I CAME ON THIS SITE TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS AND BUILDS!

Edited by JOHN TERESI

First off..... loose the CAPS. Second I dont have a "complex", I have a right to point out that I spent nearly a year building my Mercurado, and to see someone just show up and try to pass their version ( while veery nicely done) as their own unique idea is total bull. Even the color scheme you "chose" seems strangely familliar. However at least I can take pride in the fact that mine was first ( and anyone thats been here a while KNOWS IT) and also that mine was mostly scratchbuilt not just "cut and pasted"

Now quit giving me grief for pointing out that the idea was mine first and that your just a rip off artist that while having decent build skills, cant come up with an idea of your own. next time you rip someone off make sure its not something so unique and that they dont post to the same board that your trying to pull your fraud on.

WELL SINCE YOUR ALL "HOT AND BOTHERED"......AND I HAVE TOTALL RESPECT FOR GREGG......I WILL BE COOL!!!!!!........LET`S SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR MERCURADO? ........IF IT TOOK A YEAR TO BUILD......THATS A WHILE......LETS SEE ,I THINK I HAVE BUILT ABOUT 30 PLUS BUILDS IN A YEAR........WHEN YOU GET OFF YOU HIGH HORSE......AND WILLING TO CHECK MY STUFF OUT.......YOU MIGHT "MAYBE" RELAX A LITTLE?????.......THIS WILL BE THE LAST RESPOND TO YOUR OUTBURST......I HOPE I DON`T GET KIKED OFF HERE BECAUSE OF YOU??????.........I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO BESIDES FIGHT OVER YOU MERCURADO.

First off..... loose the CAPS. Second I dont have a "complex", I have a right to point out that I spent nearly a year building my Mercurado, and to see someone just show up and try to pass their version ( while veery nicely done) as their own unique idea is total bull. Even the color scheme you "chose" seems strangely familliar. However at least I can take pride in the fact that mine was first ( and anyone thats been here a while KNOWS IT) and also that mine was mostly scratchbuilt not just "cut and pasted"

Now quit giving me grief for pointing out that the idea was mine first and that your just a rip off artist that while having decent build skills, cant come up with an idea of your own. next time you rip someone off make sure its not something so unique and that they dont post to the same board that your trying to pull your fraud on.

WHOA BRIAN..........calm down and rethink I've heard of Johns builds for years.....just found yours...

and don't look at ANY of my builds....cause someone else already did them!!!

John, you built a very cool car there! :D it's very over the top which is a good thing here too. the paint job fits the over all custom work as well.

i'm not sure where the attitude comes from regarding Brian and his Merc build if that's the one posted in comparison above. two totally different builds and honestly i can't see any '59 Cadillac influence or parts use in Brians car. i seriously doubt too that you two guys are the only ones who ever thought of combining a Mercury and a Cadillac. besides i think it's pretty cool when something i've built inspires someone or impresses them enough to copy my idea and build thier own.

Dave

"DITTO" THANK`S DAVE, I DID A JET CAR AWHILE BACK,THAT MY FRIEND "FUELISHSPECTATOR" A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE ..........WAS GOING TO DO......HE WANTED TO PUT A HEMI IN IT .....I ASKED HIM IF I COULD USE HIS IDEA BUT PUT MY OWN TWIST ON IT......HE SAID IT WAS COOL.......ANYWAY, THAT WAS THE ONLY TIME I USED AN IDEA

way to rip off my idea! this has been done-- see Mercurado --- and dont try to pass off a stolen idea of someone elses as your own.

I would just chalk it up to great minds think alike. If there's one guy who doesn't need to steal an idea, it's John. I attended a couple shows where John's builds were displayed and was blown away.

This is pretty wild. At first I thought it looked rather strange, but the more I looked the more it grew on me. The paint is very cool and from the rear, the Caddy backend looks great. Very daring and unique, but well done. Not a design you see every day. Well done.

Hate to use someone else's reply...but Pete's is just what I was thinkin' :blink:

Judging from John's build and Brian's build. These are not same in my world. Which really counts because I am a Model Car Judge for most of the So. California area contest lately. That were my credil-ability comes from... Yeah they both have Merc's front end But do they have both Caddilac body rearends... I afraid not... So if Brians claims it is a caddilac rearend then what year is he replicating from? We all know that John's build is more reconizeable from the rearend than Brians build... Just because it has fins on that back... Can we say does have a 57 Chevy look??? Or does it resembles a Batman style car???.

Just because a car have fins on it does not mean it part of a 50s style Caddilac..

Before I step down off my soap box.. You can bet on that Mr. John Teresi will be in rare form for the 2nd Annual Citrus Nationals in Riverside next year... (Shameless Plug)

Fuelish

005.jpg

DSCF6309.jpg

Edited by FuelishSpectator