Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s "Explosion"

John Teresi

John, your creativity and building skills are off the charts .............. this is one of the most impressive pieces I have ever seen ................ congratulations sir on a truely amazing build B) B) B)

PS ......... big congratulations on your coverage in the NHRA website :) :)

Edited by Old Coyote

Amazing work John. It probably includes an anatomically correct driver with a broken left leg and right foot.

Rick......actually it does.......The foot is barely hanging on with the bode exposed and blood oozing out.........I did not want to post a picture of it to offend anyone......thanks,John

Rick......actually it does.......The foot is barely hanging on with the bode exposed and blood oozing out.........I did not want to post a picture of it to offend anyone......thanks,John

Freaking incredible. I tried to be funny by pointing a detail that could not possibly be in the model, and you have it... amazing. You never cease to amaze me.

• 2 months later...

How did you make the asphalt for Drag Strip? I'd like to build one Drag Strip too, but don't know how to make the asphalt.

Niko.......the asphalt is a 1/4 inch 12x14 piece of black light plastic foam. ...........I spray painted it black........then I taped off a center lane and airbrushed it white.......then I gave the whole piece a heavy wash.......the foam cost about 3 dollars at the local model train store.........and is pre-cut......i used the whole piece.......thanks