Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeep Cherokee Chief

Jeepster25

I came so close to having a real one of these that was silver and black with black interior. I changed my mind at the last minute cause it had full time 4x4 and 360 I think as well as no power steering or brakes. I was 15 and decided I better get some better driving experience. Dumb me I wish I had that truck! Good luck with this its a cool subject!

• 2 months later...

The Chief is looking great! I didn't even know that the old style Gladiator front end was even available in scale until I saw your post. You saved me from scratchbuilding one. :lol::lol:

I went to RMR's website, I'll be ordering a Wagoneer or two this weekend!

This is my '81 Wagoneer. It's a daily driver, 360/auto with 133,000 miles. I've always loved the FSJ body style. A good friend of mine has an Ex-Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources '81 Cherokee and his cousin just picked up an '83 so, I'm in good company. Finding your build made my day! I can't wait to see it finished! It's the first non-Honcho Full-Size-Jeep build I've seen in 1/25 and now that I have a body source, it won't be the last! :blink:

2qldeg4.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've finally gotten back to work on my Jeep Cherokee Chief. The main body paint is done (except for the hood) and now I'm working on the painting the details. I've installed the Jeep CJ lights and grill. Next up is painting chrome trim and interior of the body, bumpers, installing the windows and decals.

DSCN2778.jpg

DSCN2782.jpg

DSCN2785.jpg

DSCN2786.jpg

Sweet...I like those old Jeeps. I looked at buying a '91 Grand Wagoneer back in '99..(had an '88 Bronco II then)..looked at 4Runners, mid '90s full size Broncos, and Land Rover Defenders...ended up buying an '00 Grand Cherokee which I still have as my daily driver.

Guest madazzskilzkustumz
:blink::o Nize job on the shinny Red piant but the widnow, look’s lik it is insides adn the maskins iz fuzzy’d. Jest don’t mach the pictures.

:blink::o Nize job on the shinny Red piant but the widnow, look’s lik it is insides adn the maskins iz fuzzy’d. Jest don’t mach the pictures.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but if you are reffering to the area between the black and red along the roof I haven't painted the chrome trim yet.

Guest madazzskilzkustumz

I jest don’t see how puttin’g chome trimm will make this arond the bak sids windowz looks like the reel car. Looks how reel car’s window fit’s flesh to side off truck in yor pitchure’s lik in the sid veiw of the Red 2 door. Now look at yor modle’s widow area an see how deep it iz? Chome wont fix thet gaping.