Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scored Some Kits Yesterday......!

An old model builder friend called me up the other night, saying he had "a bunch of models" he needed to get rid of. And he wanted them to go to someone who was a modeling nerd..... Ok, sure I said. It was about 80 models, many started, half built, and a few unbuilt. Many had just the parts to build it stock, the optional parts were stored somewhere else. I'll probably get them later on. Some 1/16: '55 T-Bird, '55 Nomad and HT. An unbuilt JO-HAN Turbine car. The models were packed in five of those blue IKEA bags, seen them? One regular moving box, and two paper bags. How much? About 140 bucks, if I've calculated correctly. A symbolic sum of 1000 Swedish crowns was his asking price. Good deal, eh....?

An old model builder friend called me up the other night, saying he had "a bunch of models" he needed to get rid of. And he wanted them to go to someone who was a modeling nerd..... Ok, sure I said. It was about 80 models, many started, half built, and a few unbuilt. Many had just the parts to build it stock, the optional parts were stored somewhere else. I'll probably get them later on. Some 1/16: '55 T-Bird, '55 Nomad and HT. An unbuilt JO-HAN Turbine car. The models were packed in five of those blue IKEA bags, seen them? One regular moving box, and two paper bags. How much? About 140 bucks, if I've calculated correctly. A symbolic sum of 1000 Swedish crowns was his asking price. Good deal, eh....?

you'll never get that many new kits for that price, so I'd say you made out great