Model Cars Magazine Forum

Celica gets some paint

Ken

Finally got some measure of work done on the Aoshima 77 Celica liftback I got off of Ebay. Since I believe that it was strongly influenced by the 69-70 mustang, I thought it was only fitting that I use a 69-70 ford color. It is grabber green. I am thinking of blacking out part of the hood, ala Boss 302 paint job. The wheels are Aoshima 18 inch Work Emotion CR Kai. I will lower the front and the rear just a tad, but not much. The interior will be Testors MM Fabric Gray. I might just be able to finish this before the end of the year... Yeah right, what am I saying ;)

celica1.jpg

Oh yeah, all you bench snoopers, that is the Tamiya 1/35 HHMV in the background. That one is being built without aftermarket parts. The next is get the Verlinden update and Tamiya's excellent modern vehicle stowage set complete with the slatted IR identification panels

after pondering the photo for awhile, I think I may make some changes. Specifically the wheel and their color. I may strip the crome and paint them a darker metallic. Magnesium or titianum(spelling????) something a bit darker to set off the Grabber green. Keep trying Steve. ;)

after pondering the photo for awhile, I think I may make some changes. Specifically the wheel and their color. I may strip the crome and paint them a darker metallic. Magnesium or titianum(spelling????) something a bit darker to set off the Grabber green. Keep trying Steve. ;)

That's funny you mention a darker finish on the wheels...I was looking at the photo and thinking a dark magnesium for the wheels would make it look a little more "muscular". They would also work nicely with the black you mentioned you might put on the hood.

I like the look of this model so far.