Model Cars Magazine Forum

Will'S ( My Son )1St Build Of 2010

Porky

Hey Guys the little man built his first kit of 2010 this afternoon and he made it clear that I was to post some WIP pics and also put it under glass for him. He is 6 years old and still on the snap kits but doing a pretty good job with them. This one took him about 45 mins. start to finish. Well here is the WIP pics of his 1/32 scale #28 Davie Allison T-Bird, Hope You Enjoy and I am sure any comments would be welcomed by him.

Wills1-32DavieAllisonT-Bird001.jpg

Wills1-32DavieAllisonT-Bird011.jpg

Wills1-32DavieAllisonT-Bird013.jpg

Wills1-32DavieAllisonT-Bird028.jpg

Wills1-32DavieAllisonT-Bird031.jpg

Next Stop Under Glass !!!

Great job, young man. Looks fantastic!

Glad to see that dad is letting you use the sprue cutters. I wish I had those when I was your age!

Paint is definitely the next step. If nothing else, have dad get you some Sharpies and experiment (only on plastic, not the cat) with what works and what doesn't. I have found the silver Sharpie to be an invaluable tool in my arsenal.

Keep it up!

WOW!! Better than my first model at age 6 ,but we never had snap kits. I believe that finding part #'s and locating the part. Then to follow a pattern or directions to test fit parts and end up with such a nice trophy. Do me a favor and put it away someplace special and never let anyone throw it out, and someday it will be one of your most treasured memories you will ever have.

Great job, young man. Looks fantastic!

Glad to see that dad is letting you use the sprue cutters. I wish I had those when I was your age!

Paint is definitely the next step. If nothing else, have dad get you some Sharpies and experiment (only on plastic, not the cat) with what works and what doesn't. I have found the silver Sharpie to be an invaluable tool in my arsenal.

Keep it up!

Gotta agree...Well Done!!

Dad needs to get him an airbrush.....if he can build that good already...then teach him how to paint!!!