Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another update on the 32 project

Steve H.

Finished up the front frame mods. I laid down the first coat of primer on the frame last night, now I just need to smooth out the wrinkles that showed up.

One question... Are those devices on the left firewall both brake master cylinders?

PC200012-vi.jpg

It's definitely got Attitude!

PC200017-vi.jpg

Spring perch, motor mounts, headlight stands...

PC200006-vi.jpg

I filed down the bottom of the grill to fit the chopped shell. I decided not to finish off the grill outer bead...

PC190002-vi.jpg

Because its buried so low on the front end you can't see it anyway.

PC200015-vi.jpg

Sometimes I get crazy with the smallest details... there are 6 pieces of plastic in the motor mounts, when I probably could have gotten away with 1 piece.

PC200003-vi.jpg

Looks like its time to get to the body shop!

One question... Are those devices on the left firewall both brake master cylinders?

That is what I would call them!

Totally wrong as that car only used a mechanical braking system when it was new.

Guess the mold making guys figured the the bulk of builders would be making street rods...

By the way Neat Rod Dude! Keep us updated on the progress.

Looking good Steve. Your attention to the details is awesome. Do you have a color picked out yet?

Rust-O-Leum Key Lime (Drum brake color), off white frame, top insert, engine block and interior.

Should the firewall be body color or off-white? What do you guys think?

I usually like a contrasting firewall, but with the plan being a white engine, frame and top insert, I might go with a body color firewall in this case. Or what about Alclad chrome?

Either way, you can't lose - This hot rod is too cool!

Thanks... I'm kinda leaning toward the body color firewall also... seems like white would be too much variety.