Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Wraith" 85 Dodge Daytona

Car Crazy 81

Heres another one of the cars from "The Wraith" which didnt last too long in the movie im building this one before it got blown up. I'd been working on this build for the last 3 years so i'd wanted to show everyone this project. What ya'll think.

844.jpg

NewPictures-5-3.jpg

NewPictures-6-3.jpg

NewPictures-05-1.jpg

NewPictures-06-1.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

Might as well do the white one they stole at the first of the movie too. I would not mind doing all the cars from that movie too. You can find all of them except the Dodge MS+4 concept or pace car. That's too bad too. That one deserves to be done. Especially with that dual overhead cam Cosworth head and twin turbos on that 2.2 block. It would be really hard to get that color shifting charcoal paint that PPG made for that car too.

That seems to be a very interesting movie that I am unfamiliar with,I have to step it up and track that bad boy down. Thanks

How many copies you want?

And here's a teaser of the lead car and engine that no one makes. Someone really needs to cast it up. I'd buy a couple that's for sure.

dodget10.jpg

ca93e810.jpg

chrysl10.jpg

m4s_wr10.jpg

wraith10.jpg

Those should really make you want to see the movie now .... lol.

post-4212-12629685051645_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwc43

For pics of a real one being rebuilt, check this out:

The Wraith

:)

Now THIS is the car that SHOULDA been moleled! It's just SOOOO cool lookin! Wat is it ? an MD4? I thought it was some kinda custom the built just for the movie.Was it ACTUALLY a REAL like you an be could BUY car,or just a one off custom?biggrin.gifwink.gif

I'm pretty sure these cars were never made available to the general public. They can however be obtained from collectors.

Edited by grimreaper

Now THIS is the car that SHOULDA been moleled! It's just SOOOO cool lookin! Wat is it ? an MD4? I thought it was some kinda custom the built just for the movie.Was it ACTUALLY a REAL like you an be could BUY car,or just a one off custom?biggrin.gifwink.gif

The original car was built by Dodge and PPG industries to be used as a Pace Care for the Indy 500.

6 prop cars were built, 4 of which were dummies and were destroyed during filming.The other two built were used as stunt cars.

The original Indy pace car is in a museum along with a couple other test cars that were built to test areo. I'll see if I have a pic of those and post them up too.

If I recall correctly the Indy car could do close to 200 mph I've got a poster somewhere that all of the Indy Pace Cars on it since the very first Pace Car. And the MS+4 is on that poster of course.

ppg-210.jpg

rear-p10.jpg

• 2 months later...

That seems to be a very interesting movie that I am unfamiliar with,I have to step it up and track that bad boy down. Thanks

The Wraith was re-released to dvd in widescreen (1.85:1) a couple weeks ago! Picked mine up at Walmart, but Best Buy is also carrying it. There's an older DVD release out there from the late 90's, but it is a 4:3 pan & scan for a CRT TV.

Wraith-DVD.jpg

DWC43- I havent did much on the Daytona thanks for checking it out. Right now im getting my "Vanishing Point" 70 Challenger & 66 Chevelle Wagon finished by March 27th which is next Saturday for the Tigerfest show in Kenner, Louisiana. I'll be getting back to work on it again.

Brian- Nice DVD i might to buy another one of those altough i have one already they might have some deleted scenes in there or special features.

DWC43- I havent did much on the Daytona thanks for checking it out. Right now im getting my "Vanishing Point" 70 Challenger & 66 Chevelle Wagon finished by March 27th which is next Saturday for the Tigerfest show in Kenner, Louisiana. I'll be getting back to work on it again.

Brian- Nice DVD i might to buy another one of those altough i have one already they might have some deleted scenes in there or special features.

There's some extras on this disc, but the main thing for me is that's in widescreen, for widescreen TVs. I hate having to stretch 4:3 pans/scan to fit my screen...

Know what you mean. I have enough half started kits that need to get finished. And I am bound and determined to get it done too. I've got my old school rail and I'm going to finish it first before I touch anything else. Then I'm doing a 'vette that I got from Phil next cause he wants to see it and I said I would . Then it's back to some race cars I think. I got a cravin to do this '69 camaro I have into a race car next.

;)

Very Nice Build.

And, Yes, It would be nice to have the Pace car,

"hey jimmy anybody, resin cast?!?!" ;)

The movie is cool too, Charlies' answer to Martins', "California Kid", I guess? B)

(and if you can get by randy quaids' sheriff!) HA ;)

Those are some wild rides in that movie!

Thanks for sharing!

Later

Russ

;)