Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Many Of You Guys Live In Canada

Nick Winter

I visited Toronto way before you were born! It was about 25 years ago... nice city. The CN Tower was a hoot... looking straight down through those windows! And I loved the old-fashioned streetcars. Do they still have them?

yeah we still have the TTC street cars

On purpose?

I was in the U.S. Air Force at the time. Yes I requested to be station there or ST. John's. ST John's was closed down by then so it was Goose Bay for Me. I liked it there. Plus I knew it was easy duty there.My cousin was station at ST. John's when he was in the the Air Force. He married a great gal from there. Not why I wanted to there for though. I did meet a couple of real nice girls though.Happy Valley was an interesting place. I would like to go back and see what it is like now.They have a camera on the web that you can see what it looks like in that spot.some of the guys restored some of the old cars that were left there over the years and shipped them home.Did them right at their work stations that's how laid back it was there.Plus you could fly out to fishing camps if that was your thing or ski and snowmobile in the winter.