Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Many Of You Guys Live In Canada

Nick Winter

• 2 weeks later...

And there's 8 million people here in Quebec and only 2 modelers in this thread :huh:

Ca en fait un autre de plus! :lol:

Hello from Montreal, Quebec.

Il devrait y avoir club ou un forum spécialement pour les modélistes québecois. Un jour peut être.

Edited by 20PSI

• 2 weeks later...

In Peterborough nothing for Hobby shops other then Cosburns which is mostly for the railroad crowd, some kits not a lot of selection however. The only other place that sells kits is Michaels super expensive and again selection thats why I save up through out the year and shop on line for kits.

I visited Toronto way before you were born! It was about 25 years ago... nice city. The CN Tower was a hoot... looking straight down through those windows! And I loved the old-fashioned streetcars. Do they still have them?

Sorry it took me awhile to see this thread, but the correct answer to your question is... no, the old TTC Red Rockets are no longer running on the Harbourfront line. They were deemed too expensive to upkeep, and got mothballed. The city still owns a couple that they use for special occasions, and some were donated to museums like the Halton County Radial Railway in Rockwood, Ont. The cars you saw running, Harry, were PCC cars, used from about 1938 to early 2000's. Here's a pic I took of my '51 Chev at Rockwood with a streetcar used before the PCC's, called a Witt car, after it's designer Peter Witt.

1951Chevrolet.jpg

• 5 months later...

I'm living on this planet. At least when I'm not drunk. Does that count?

My wife is from Canada. Does that count?

Et je parle francais aussi. Il's est en mauvais etat, mais la vous allez ou qua. Ce que ca compte?

Edited by Junkman