Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dorsey's 1997 Raybestos TransAm Mustang

curt raitz

Picked up the BHP Transkit for the 1997 TransAm Mustang from William Bauer at the Sacramento NNL last fall.

Already had the Competition Resins body and Slixx Decals for Dorsey Schroeders Raybestos Mustang.

The BHP Enterprizes resin cast mustang is "nuts-on" and the detail is much nicer than Competition Resins version.

Hope to have this done by the NNL West in February for the "Racecar" theme table.

Gonna sit it next to Brendans a few other TransAm Mustangs that will be there.

Picture of Dorsey's Mustang:

12_Raybestos_L-vi.jpg

BHP Enterprises kit:

RaybestosMustang_02-vi.jpg

Base kit:

RaybestosMustang_03-vi.jpg

Lower body is BHP's...upper body is Competition Resins

RaybestosMustang_06-vi.jpg

Slixx Decals:

P1065264-vi.jpg

Parts is parts:

RaybestosMustang_001-vi.jpg

Quick Mock up...

RaybestosMustang_07-vi.jpg

RaybestosMustang_08-vi.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come...thanx for lookin' :huh:

Very nicely done! :) But I've got a question. How come anyone who builds the Revell kit or uses it as a base kit for the BPH trans kit, ever includeds the rear wheel tubs? :( To me the build looks incompleate with out them. But it's still a nice build.

It has to do with reference photos...I have yet to see any photos of rear wheel tubs on these cars.

without reference photos (and its been years since I've seen one of these cars) i wasn't aware they even had rear wheel tubs on them.

William Bauer of BHP Enterprises might have more knowledge on this, he really likes TransAm cars and has researched them to the Nth degree.

thanx

Very nicely done! ;) But I've got a question. How come anyone who builds the Revell kit or uses it as a base kit for the BPH trans kit, ever includeds the rear wheel tubs? :P To me the build looks incompleate with out them. But it's still a nice build.

It has to do with reference photos...I have yet to see any photos of rear wheel tubs on these cars.

without reference photos (and its been years since I've seen one of these cars) i wasn't aware they even had rear wheel tubs on them....

Some may have had them, others might not have. I'm sure each car was different. Here's a picture of the Hot Wheels Camaro, and I see no tubs.....

chris4.jpg

Tubs or no tubs, it sure is looking good! Seems there's been a lot of renewed interest in these cars lately.

After working on the Patron Tequila Porsches last year, I saw how much rubber gets built up around those wheel wells. My guess, judging by roadhawg's pic and the cleanliness of the inside of the rear bumper, is that the tubs are part of the rear clip and detach as such.

Other than that, absolutely beautiful job!

SebringPit.jpg

Thats me just behind the orange car (Mid-Ohio).

without reference photos (and its been years since I've seen one of these cars) i wasn't aware they even had rear wheel tubs on them.

William Bauer of BHP Enterprises might have more knowledge on this, he really likes TransAm cars and has researched them to the Nth degree.

thanx

I happen to agree with you, reference photos are the best way to get a killer build. I've got some photos from Mosport Trans Am races that show wheel tubs on Tom Gloy's Mustangs. I'm still trying to figure out how to post photo links so I can share them with the group.