Model Cars Magazine Forum

A serious goodbye for now

I am not mad at anyone.

I was faced with the most serious crisis to deal with in my life tonight. I have to step away from this computer and modeling for a short time.

Gregg and Harry...I am sorry that my articles will not be ready for the contest issue. Please accept my apologies. I hope that we can run them in a different issue.

To all those who were waiting for show coverage...I am really sorry, this is a very unlikely situation that I cannot control and it's extremely important to my family and myself that I take this hiatus.

Edited by RodBurNeR

Guest Gramps-xrds

Bob, you take care of the family. Their your main concern. We'll all be here when and if you return.

Prayers will go with you and your family that everything gets better.

God bless, my friend.

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to have support. I can't tell you what happened and it's far from being over. I just want to say thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

As for the articles, thankfully..they should be in by the hair of my teeth. I asked my good friend Darryl Gassaway to help me to take some weight off my shoulders during this tough time. If anything, everyone should remember....."When you think things are bad, think again....someone else has it much worse." I always try to remember that in tough times.

I will return to normal eventually, til' then...thanks for your support.

Bob I dont know you but it seems everywere I go I wont be there long and I hear of your name,so you must be into this hobby pretty good and through my years of surfing the web for model parts and such I have learned that no matter were you go modelers are a pretty tight family,So please take care of yourself and your family and get everything taken care of and you have a speedy return to our beloved hobby.

Sincerly Hemi.

I want to thank you last posters for your overwhelming words, thank you very much.

Now, I just got home about 30minutes ago from work. I got messages about something that happened on this thread that caused drama? I really have no idea what this is about, but whoever thinks my thread is for drama is very wrong. I can't even believe anyone would think that or that anyone would do this to me right now. I don't think whoever this is realizes how horrible my situation is. I only have told 4 people what really is going on , I can't say to anyone else nor can I even say in public. I only wanted to let everyone know that I would be away a lot..maybe for awhile.

I am doing my best to stay positive and to be involved....this hobby has been therapy for me , my whole life. (since I was little).

I don't know what happened...and yes I am curious...but at the same time I don't know if I want to know.

Thanks again my friends. Whoever it was doesn't realize that this is not a pity party and that you all are my friends that know me from in person. I am not the type that wants some hand out prayer.

You owe no one an expaination Bob!

Go and take the time to do what is needed. Family ALWAYS comes first!

May God be with you and your family and see you through anything you encounter in your lives!

Ok, I get it. My "nickname" on my own forum bothers someone and they thought it would be a good idea to bash me about it in the middle of a family crisis.

Also that I have this thread up and it's ?offensive? for me to post that my new MCM came in the mail? What? I guess I should just curl up into a ball and disappear for trying to get my mind off things?

I now know who it was. If you had even a clue as to what's going on in my life, you might not have started anything...but this is a classic example of how insensitive people are. Some people are so wrapped up in themselves and just have to cause problems to feel better about their own lives. When do I EVER post about things like this? Do you have any idea my state of mind at the time I posted this thread? I will tell you one thing....I was not sure if I wanted to be alive, so the next time you go casting stones take a look at yourself and think about how what you say is going to affect the other person. Oh and no....this is not to add drama....I am so insulted by this that I just want you to realize your actions.

(photos taken about three weeks ago)

DILLIGAF....it's a CAR CLUB in Austrailia!!! I am an honorary member and the ONLY American member and proud of it! I am sooo sorry for displaying it on my forum below my name. I hope you don't need a boost to get on your high horse now.

UZERSAUSTRAILIAHONORARYMEMBER2-vi.jpg

UZERSAUSTRAILIAHONORARYMEMBER4-vi.jpg

UZERSAUSTRAILIAHONORARYMEMBER3-vi.jpg

UZERSAUSTRAILIAHONORARYMEMBER5-vi.jpg

Sorry...but I am about to the end of my rope and this kind of idiocy sure didn't help!