Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Double Dragster -Tin Edition

Tom Jackson

So my kit arrived this morning and my first impressions were "WOW!!!! THIS IS AWESOME" when I first Opened it.

It may be because I'm giddy to finally own this kit. The first thing I did was looked at the tires. 2 sets of Piecrust slicks and 1 set of Goodyear Blue Streaks.

My Goodyears are still offcenter!!!! :D ..just not as bad as they use to be. One side is worse than the other.

Front tires are the good'ol Firestones that every other kit has, only 2 have white walls and the other is plain.

Chrome! x3

You get two identical chrome sheets with this, the sheet that contains the halibrand smoothie wheels and the 4 small block intakes.

6 of the 8 corvette script valve covers have sink marks! That is a big bummer... Luckly you get 8 of these so only 2 are perfect..

The decal sheet is beautiful!!!

I'll update this later on some more..

P1237073-vi.jpg

P1237095-vi.jpg

P1237098-vi.jpg

P1237099-vi.jpg

P1237089-vi.jpg

P1237090-vi.jpg

More pics here : http://public.fotki.com/73OldsOmega/double-dragster/

Edited by RyanSilva

I wasn't expecting the supertricks..but I am sure glad they are in it!

Nice pointout on the 12 spokes.. These are just another version to add to the pot, So far I think there is about 4 different versions of the 12 spokes, The best Ones Ive seen to date are in the 57 Ford..but I really like these too.

My white wall piecrusts are slightly offcenter a tad too..

Okay, all this hype and the wonderful pictures got me to pull the trigger. That, and the local Hobbytown already had the kit priced at $45.00. I currently don't build a lot of drag cars but am into land speed racers, traditional hot rods and street rods so this wonderful box of nifty parts is chock full of those types of parts! Thanks for the detailed reviews!

Looking at the piece breakdown sure looks like a lot of ole " Throwback stuff to me ". Now I mean that in a positive light too ! Shoot, the Halibrand rear, the Moon discs , even the old S C O T Blower lends itself well to a lost era . To me , it says , the way we were ............. Ed Shaver

Picked up my first one today, One set of valve covers have sink marks and my whitewall piecrusts have a "slight" offset to the whitewall. The race masters are

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Going to my LHS Monday to pick up my other one...

Edited by TxRat

Bought 2 DD kits for $27.95 each from Len Feinberg's Fantastic Plastics. With shipping of $8.95 for both kits it came to $64.85 total. Not too bad I guess. Geez the first ones I bought back in the 60's were only a couple of bucks! LOL

Edited by Terry Sumner