Model Cars Magazine Forum

New style superchargers in resin??

is anyone making the new style super chargers that they are using on the new pony cars (mustang, camaro, challenger)? They fit on the intake and have a pulley up front and air intake in the rear. I know the new Revell Mustang special editon kit has one but Im not trying to pay $20 for a kit just for the super charger. any help??

Heres what Im looking for, Kenne Bell screw type with the rear side intake.

Kenne20Bell20Supercharger.jpg

mmfp_0607_slug_04_zprocharger_vs_ke.jpg

161-M-6066-CT46-md.jpg

Edited by doublej

Revell Mustang special editon kit?

I've been toying with the idea of making a Kenne Bell for a Revell Shelby GT500, but haven't actually started any work on it yet. It looks like it would be the simplest to make.

I could be wrong but isn't the Kenne-Bell supercharger on the Super Snake? Or is it just a larger version than is on the GT 500 KR? The one on the Super Snake is quite difference in appearance than the one that is on the 500, the one on the 500 is more like the one on the Lightning Pickup.

is anyone making the new style super chargers that they are using on the new pony cars (mustang, camaro, challenger)? They fit on the intake and have a pulley up front and air intake in the rear. I know the new Revell Mustang special editon kit has one but Im not trying to pay $20 for a kit just for the super charger. any help??

Yes. Pay $20 for the supercharger. You'll get the entire rest of the kit to add to your spare parts collection. If you do find a resin supercharger it will likely be in the $10-$15 range, plus shipping. That's nearly $20 right there, and it won't come with those cool Shelby wheels.

I could be wrong but isn't the Kenne-Bell supercharger on the Super Snake? Or is it just a larger version than is on the GT 500 KR? The one on the Super Snake is quite difference in appearance than the one that is on the 500, the one on the 500 is more like the one on the Lightning Pickup.

No, the pics I just pulled up show what looks to be a Whipple on the Super Snake. The Lightning, 03/04 Cobra, and 07-09 GT500s have Eaton blowers. I'm not sure what the KR has, either an Eaton or Whipple.

The Kenne Bell would be easiest to make in scale, I think. It has a smoother case, with small grooves in it, instead of the heavy ribbed shape of the Eatons and Whipples.

Strada Sports has the 05 supercharger,it's a nice piece of resin.It costs $8.

http://www.stradasportsstore.com/shop-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi

I would like to find a Vortech style supercharger if anyone knows where to locate.Thanks

The supercharger on the Strada Sports site looks to be a Saleen blower. It's only intended for the 4.6L 3-valve engine in the 05 Mustang kit, although I don't know how easy or hard, or how prototypically correct it would be to adapt it to a Shelby 5.4L 4-valve or a Lightning 5.4L 2-valve engine.

There's a Vortech (or similar centrifugal) blower in the Revell '98 Saleen Speedster kit, but its detail is so-so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, the pics I just pulled up show what looks to be a Whipple on the Super Snake. The Lightning, 03/04 Cobra, and 07-09 GT500s have Eaton blowers. I'm not sure what the KR has, either an Eaton or Whipple.

The Kenne Bell would be easiest to make in scale, I think. It has a smoother case, with small grooves in it, instead of the heavy ribbed shape of the Eatons and Whipples.

The issue of Mustang that I have (has the "Super Snake" on the cover in bright red) states that the supercharger on the "snake" is a Kenne Bell, & the under hood photos clearly show this to be true, & there is a Kenne Bell sticker on the driver side inner fender.

The issue of Mustang that I have (has the "Super Snake" on the cover in bright red) states that the supercharger on the "snake" is a Kenne Bell, & the under hood photos clearly show this to be true, & there is a Kenne Bell sticker on the driver side inner fender.

Oops, I think I was thinking of the GT500 KR kit even though I said Super Snake... But I also said KR further down... I dunno. It looks to be a Whipple on the model and the 1:1 KR.

You're right, I'm looking at pics- The Super Snake does have a Kenne Bell.

• 1 month later...

Oops, I think I was thinking of the GT500 KR kit even though I said Super Snake... But I also said KR further down... I dunno. It looks to be a Whipple on the model and the 1:1 KR.

You're right, I'm looking at pics- The Super Snake does have a Kenne Bell.

1:1 KR Does have a whipple and the Super Snakes used the Kenne Bell 3.2 Mamouth Super Chargers