Model Cars Magazine Forum

new guy need help

i been away for awhile i am setting a club up for some kids some have been in trouble already but they are good kids.where besides evil bay can i look for model kits and supplies and if i can borrow some of the photos on here to show kids what they can create if they not getting into trouble.i been out of the hobbies since 2005 due to drugs and alochol problems better now

Mike,

Try a local hobby shop,see if you can get a discount on a bulk order. Don't know where your closest Hobby Lobby or Michael's are but you can sometimes get 40 or 50% off coupons online also in the newspaper or a rack in the store. Also try Big Lots if there are any in Pa.

The parents need to be involved. You can't be expected to do this on your own, the costs will kill you. Revell used to have a Make & Take program for car shows and model contests,you'll have to check thier website. You might also check with your city hall maybe they have a community center with a room you can use as a meeting place. Check the yellow pages under volunteer orginazations 'cause you will probably need some help.

Good luck

Marc