Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michael Paul Smith's Incredible dioramas and models

Sixties Sam

WOW other than the lack of people, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Some were easy to tell, midldle of the day, an intersection with absolutely NO peaople? But ALOT MORE actually could pass for REAL in MY opinoin. Those black and white ones are absolute killers! This guy IS GOOD!!! Thanks for posting it!biggrin.gifwink.gif

George ,I'm a car nut first , never even thought about people , weird but true. Saw his work on the H.A.M.S. Model builders board and the last thing I saw was the ceiling. TKO work! James

Edited by kit bash

• 1 month later...

The absolute best I have ever seen. This guy must work in the movies doing miniature sets and such.

What a talent. Oh, to be able to do work this good. I'm jealous.

Posted Today, 11:41 AM

They did a feature on this guy last night on the CBS Evening News in the Steve Hartman's Asignment America segment.

Here's a link to the segment. You have to watch a short ad first and then the video of this guy comes on.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6344947n&tag=contentMain;contentBody.

This post has been edited by KarDude.com: Today, 11:43 AM

He also has a website where you can view his photos. Here's the link:

http://elginpark.smugmug.com/

Edited by KarDude.com

Great work, seriously. Don't get me wrong, but everything looks too "clean" to be real. The buildings and such need some "wear" and "age" to me. No doubt a very skilled hand behind those though. Maybe things were actually clean and nice back in the day... I was born in the 80s, everything is dirty these days. If only I had the attention span to do something like that. Got the patience, but i'd get bored with it fast. Thanks for the link, that was nice to look at. :)

Edited by Ryan Quantz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michael Paul Smith did the best model car pictures I've seen on the web... Looks so real, there is only a mysterious thing, nobody in the streets ! :lol: I've chatted about his and my pictures on flicker, he's a nice guy !

• 1 month later...