Model Cars Magazine Forum

The European Wasp

Bryce

This is a typical Tamiya kit – brilliantly engineered and very easy to build. The colour is Ford ‘yellow glow’. I added some offset racing stripes from my spares box (Z28 Camaro cut down – the side stripes are Shelby Mustang) and blacked out the wheel centres. Otherwise it’s pretty much out of the box.

IMG_4727.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

That does look fantastic. Your paint job is marvelous and really suits the car; I recently built this kit it red. What did you do to accent the panel lines? Yellow is a very tricky color and most of the time I see either overaccented black lines or no accent at all, neither of which looks realistic. Yours appear to be pretty much spot on.

Thanks for the nice words guys.

With the panel lines, I always scribe them out with the back of #11 blade before I paint. I like to put my paint on pretty heavy, so this is a necessary step for me, however it also creates a deep enough crevice to obtain a realistic shadow and normal painting does the rest of the work. Usually it takes about 20 passes per line. Like everything else in this hobby, the more you do of it, the easier it gets.