Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Ford Thunderbird "Firestar" custom coupe

Peter Lombardo

This is my kind of kustom! I think John would be very proud. I would like to suggest posting photos, the video is nice...but the words cover the car up and it's not easy to see. I really like this, I wanted to build that car someday also...but I think I will admire yours instead! :D

Well Peter when it comes to your video maybe your slightly ahead of the time..but not much!.I thought it was really cool, I could watch those all day, although that might be an issue too :D I can see the problems if you have "dial up" but I can't see doing much at all if I didn't have hi-speed...anyway about your build, well as usual MAGNIFICANT :P

I don't want to come off as "cranky"... but really, I see no advantage that the video has vs. plain old still photos. The video gives you generic dissolves, some background music and a few misspelled captions, plus still photos of the model.

So in reality... what does the video give you as far as actual useful information that still photos don't? Nothing, IMO.

A video makes sense when you're showing motion. A video doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you're showing a series of still images.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting photos Peter. I really dig this car, it's one of the neatest Birds around! I agree with Harry, though I have some videos on tube of stills from 1:1 cars shows haha! But..as for a model car, I really prefer photos. The only things that bugged me about the video were, the captions over the images, the size of the images and the speed of viewing pleasure. :D

Peter,

Nice job on the model. I thought the video was a nice touch... Why not do both stills and the video link.

That way we have a choice.

BTW I really liked the choice of music... seemed to fit the style of the car. Neither were overdone but very pleasant to the eyes and ears.

glenn