Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro concept

ismaelg

Hello,

I'm in a "confusion" state in the hobby. I took a break from cars for a while, and all of a sudden, I have 2 helicopters, 1 armored self propelled howitzer, 2 airliners, a revell chopper bike and now the concept Camaro all on the workbench at the same time... :P For the first time in years I'm not focused on one main project. I'm just jumping from one to another.

I started dealing with the sink marks on the Camaro. Still have no idea where to go with it.

DSCF4269b.jpg

DSCF4278b.jpg

DSCF4276b.jpg

Nine sink marks and those panel lines were too big.

Thanks,

Maybe some Camaros are better than others; mine has sink marks but they don't look that bad, the wheels aren't terrible, shouldn't look nearly as bad once I get that chrome removed and the wheels finished in a more authentic finish. And their shape isn't that hard to sand the spokes a bit.

Yeah, I know...making excuses, but I've seen much, much worse from AMT. I have to build one completely OOB for a review, but I have a second one that I'm going to have some real fun with 8)

1 wheel... 5 spokes... 5 sinks!

1 wheel... 1 sink

2 good ones

I count about 20 sink marks on the body, several of which didn't show till after first primer. Yeah, not that hard to deal with... but we shouldn't have to! On the plus side, I've used Tamiya putty for the first time and love it! Like all Tamiya products, its pricey, but worth it!